Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

MCE locks up p3d

After installing the latest MCE version in the default directory, I have encountered a significant issue.  When launching MCE, it completely freezes P3D; P3D still shows running in the task manager but the only way to exit the program is to kill the task. 

When I launch the MCE, I see the text 'MCE  is looking for Aircraft Changes'  in the sim.  That's the point when it freezes my sim.  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 hours ago, kingm56 said:

After installing the latest MCE version in the default directory, I have encountered a significant issue.  When launching MCE, it completely freezes P3D; P3D still shows running in the task manager but the only way to exit the program is to kill the task. 

When I launch the MCE, I see the text 'MCE  is looking for Aircraft Changes'  in the sim.  That's the point when it freezes my sim.  

Typically happens when MCE installation is incomplete on the P3D installation folder.

When you run "InstallMCE" it is supposed to create a folder named <MCE dlls> in \Prepar3D v4\ folder and fill it with 64 Bit dlls.

Make sue the folder is there as well as about 40 dlls inside it.

Do not copy the folder from FSX installation, as the 32 Bit dlls wouldn't be recognized.

Instead, go back to downloaded unzipped file and look under \Files\FSX\ folder.

Copy entire <MCE dlls x64> folder and paste it to \Prepar3D v4\ installation folder.

IMPORTANT: rename the folder to <MCE dlls>

Should get you going.

If that was the issue, you can put it down to some security software interfering with creating the folder, or folders permission being on non-standard settings, causing Windows to deny the folder creation permission or copying files to it.

Also, don't forget to set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as admin. And if using a launcher app to start P3D, set that one to run as admin too.

Edited by FS++