Sign in to follow this  
nickpike

Kodiak STOL

I have purchased the Kodiak and found a lot of the Garmin screens missing - AUX being one of the main ones and found the menu button of no help. I realise that working with FS9 is hard for the programmers, but will the Garmin be updated to all the screens or would this be impossible with FS9 and microsoft???If their are no upgrades to the Garmin1000 then I may ask for a refund.Just my own likes and dislikes, it just is'nt fully functioning at the moment and I do appreciate the work that as gone into it.

I too have noticed a marked drop in FPS in the 2D view (VC seems uneffected) if you switch to spot view and back to 2D view. However FPS does seem to recover after a few minutes if you don't switch views again. What also adversly impacts on FPS is windowing and parking the PFD/MFD on a second monitor. I would like to be able to use the MFD as moving map display on a second monitor similar to how I use FSNavigator but this is really not practical as you end up with single digit FPS on my moderately high end system. On a more positive note I have just completd my first real flight in the Kodiac and managed to land on one of those tiny grass strips in Misty Fiords without overshooting the runway. Great fun!Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Denis, sorry to here of your dissapointment. To say 'a lot of the Garmin screens missing' is not really a fair statement. If you look at the attached file, I think this shows that a great many of the functions are modelled. The Aux was left out to help with frame rates, and as some of the information can be found elsewhere whithin the gauge or FS will not model a function. The main pages and information for navigation are included. Please also bear in mind this is part of a complete aircraft package that sells for around $25 and it includes a G1000 with many functions. This particular G1000 has the built-in GFC700 AFCS (Automatic Flight Control System) that took 2 months alone to code and functions according to the manual. I believe the competiton does not include this. I feel for it's functionality, content and price, the Kodiak offers great value for money.A small number of customers have mentioned frame rate problems but we are working on this according to the feedback. I feel optimistic from what is happening 'behind-the-scenes' that we will crack the problem to suit most, if not all machines.So Denis, I hope you do not mind, but I felt the necessity to jump in and defend the product. If you want a 100% G1000, you are going to have to pay a great deal more for just the standalone gauges.cheers,nick

Guest lionheart777

Hello Gentlemen,It appears we may have a fix on the Garmin's slow FSP issue that a small portion of our customers have reported. If the FSUIPC.INI file is relocated to the Desktop to simulate it being deleted, and FS9 is booted up, the FSUIPC module recreates a fresh INI file with new settings. This supposedly restores the slow FPS rates that about 12 people reported.We are awaiting a bit more results before making it an official fix, but it apparently works well.It was my thoughts that there might be an easy remedy to this issue, but finding it was a bit difficult. The hard part was that nothing of this had turned up in our 2 months of testing on 12 diff computer platforms outside of the team...BillDirectorLionheart Creations Ltd.

Guest lionheart777

Hello Dennis,It sounds like your panel is not functioning properly at all. When you say the Aux. gauges, do you mean the three analog gauges on the left of the panel?I highly recommend reinstalling the package, and if that doesnt do it, redownload the main package and reinstall that one as well. In the past, that has cleared up the issue.If anyone has issues with Lionheart Creations products, we always honor a refund. We cant see selling people products that will not function correctly on their systems.I see you are a BAW Speedbird pilot. I was BAW738 (If I remember my number correctly). They took down the Concorde just before I made senior pilot. I joined only just for the Concorde, so I was a bit depressed. Was great flying with them though. Had a blast talking online through VATSIM with other pilots while on international flights...BillDirectorLionheart Creations Ltd.

Hi Bill, Dennis means the Aux pages in the G1000.There's nothing wrong with the installation as far as I can tell.cheers,nick

Ok after a week or so of attempting to get my mind around the Garmin G1000 instrumentation on this aircraft I must confess to a degree of frustration because the way things are described in the supplied Garmin manual just don't match the sim aircraft in many instances. Could someone who knows say clearly where the sim Garmin instrumentation is different from the real thing as outlined in Garmin real world manual. For example, the soft key flow charts as outlined in the manual only seem to be partially implemented in the sim. I have other frustrations with this package but let's start with the softkeys. I would like to get to grips with this aircraft but on the face of it there needs to be an additional manual/tutorial that bridges the gap between the skimpy how-to-do-it suppled with the original Kodiak package and the real Garmin G1000 manual.Thank youBruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Bruce. The gauges were modelled on the original equipment manuals, so by following the manuals you should be able to 'drive' the G1000.Try,http://www.garmin.com/manuals/G1000:Beechc...ion0458.01_.pdfand for some additional,http://www.garmin.com/manuals/G1000:Beechc...PilotsGuide.pdfhttp://www.garmin.com/manuals/G1000:Beechc...PilotsGuide.pdfSome of our G1000 beta testers are pilots familiar to Garmin products and found their experience with other Garmin products allowed them to use the G1000 easily. Not sure why you are having problems with the softkeys as most of the functions were modelled directly from the above manuals. The G36 manuals are required as this aircraft type uses the G1000 with the intergrated AutoPilot. Try the example flights given in the manual as good training guides.cheers,nick