kevchris

Flight Planner Question

Hello All -

I hope I am in the proper place in the forum to ask this question.  Even though I have been simming for the better part of 30 years, I never seriously learned about flight planning and have just recently acquired SimBrief and EFB - which are excellent add-ons.  I am the type of person that doesn't do well reading manuals, but likes to learn by experimenting with the software and sort of teaching myself by trial and error.  However, I am stuck on one annoying issue that appears from time to time and perhaps someone can explain what's happening.

Tonight, I set up a flight from LaGuardia to Washington Dulles.  I created a flight plan using SimBrief.  I downloaded the plan into the Aerosoft Airbus flight plan folder, and after started EFB, I loaded this plan as my FPL.   Everything looked fine, until after examining the flight plan inside of EFB, I noticed that the routing took me from New York all the way to Richmond, then turned me northbound until I was north of Dulles, then turned me southbound the selected southbound runway.  I am not a real life pilot, but I am quite sure this flight plan was taking me way out the way for some reason, and I am curious as to why.

Perhaps someone can tell me what I may be doing wrong and that would be a big help.

I appreciate any assistance.

Best regards,

Kevin MacDonald

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 minutes ago, kevchris said:

Hello All -

I hope I am in the proper place in the forum to ask this question.  Even though I have been simming for the better part of 30 years, I never seriously learned about flight planning and have just recently acquired SimBrief and EFB - which are excellent add-ons.  I am the type of person that doesn't do well reading manuals, but likes to learn by experimenting with the software and sort of teaching myself by trial and error.  However, I am stuck on one annoying issue that appears from time to time and perhaps someone can explain what's happening.

Tonight, I set up a flight from LaGuardia to Washington Dulles.  I created a flight plan using SimBrief.  I downloaded the plan into the Aerosoft Airbus flight plan folder, and after started EFB, I loaded this plan as my FPL.   Everything looked fine, until after examining the flight plan inside of EFB, I noticed that the routing took me from New York all the way to Richmond, then turned me northbound until I was north of Dulles, then turned me southbound the selected southbound runway.  I am not a real life pilot, but I am quite sure this flight plan was taking me way out the way for some reason, and I am curious as to why.

Perhaps someone can tell me what I may be doing wrong and that would be a big help.

I appreciate any assistance.

Best regards,

Kevin MacDonald

Can u post the flight plan simbrief generated?