Sign in to follow this  
9GTurn

Asus Z370F - 2 Keyboards

Hi,

Have a strange problem.  I have a custom built PC which I've used an Asus Z370F Gaming Mobo, 8700K CPU and Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000

Every time I hit the power button the system lights up, starts up and then stops.  Starts up again but boots to an "F1 to continue" BIOS stop.  It reports seeing 2 keyboards which is what I think is the fault and I've no idea how to stop it.  I've tried swapping keyboards, leaving it out (causes a normal F1 stop) different USB ports. Nothing stops the system seeing 2 keyboards.

I have a Element Gaming mechanical, LED illuminated keyboard and I've read that the power draw can sometimes cause this, also the anti ghosting for the keys makes a "virtual" keyboard which is also seen by BIOS as a secondary keyboard.

Anyone got any ideas how to stop this?  Even if I override the F1 setting from pause to continue it defaults back to pause.

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Multiple keyboards should not cause a boot problem like what you're describing--my sim PC has two keyboards plus a game pad that emulates a keyboard.

If your mobo has a POST state display (usually two numbers) you might look there for a code that will help identify the problem.  Some mobos also use flashing LEDs that will identify the subsystem causing a failed POST by flashing one or more LEDs in a certain pattern.

My first suspicion would be a bad memory stick or an unstable overclock.

Regards

Thanks for your reply. I've hit reset to defaults in bios and it has stopped pausing on start-up.  Wonder now if it was a drives order issue.