Sign in to follow this  
ronaldoaap97

Finally cheap but good performing laptop

Hi everyone ! This might be my first ever post but I've been scrolling this forums for a couple of years now and I always find someone wondering which laptop should they get.  

So after finally after looking for a budget laptop I decided to buy the Acer-AN515-52-79Y9(nitro 5)

Which features a i7-8750h six cores max up to 3.99ghz (4.1ghz in on core )

Nvidia Gtx is 1050 the 4gb version 

256ssd 

And a 1080p ips 15.6"

Base price 999.99€ and I got it on sale for 799,99€.

What I can say is that after many years of buying new systems this had to be the one which surprised me the most .

First thing I did was disabling the Intel integrated graphics , sometimes it even takes off some weight on the CPU and the played some chill free flight on Fsx-Steam Edition , I did a short flight from LPMA- to LPPT using the Aerosoft-Madeira x Evolution.

While loading the flight I was hoping to get at least some 30-40 fps with all setting on maximum when for my surprise this laptop never dropped below 50 ,  I experience some fps drop but only for the first 30 seconds, 

I couldn't believe that a 800€ laptop was performing better than my old system a i5-6600k @4.9ghz ,with a gtx 1070 (not that relevant knowing fsx is CPU demanding game)

So I decided to play on 4k TV a 4k res , and it was like nothing had change (resolution ) , I was even getting more performance , now that with the higher res , the GPU usage started to go up , for the first time ever  on that scenery I was getting 60fps stable while on ground, I know that this isn't a technical review , but I'm very surprised how much can a 800 laptop handle , and for the rest of u guys looking for a budget laptop for fsx just keep in my mind this option

• Like 1

Let me be the first to welcome you to Avsim!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.