Everything posted by stans
- Proud Father...
-
New Ace Combat Game - Looks Familiar?!
Is this so combat pilots can prepare for the impending invasion? 🤣
-
This would cook your toast!
That's quite the marshmallow roaster.
-
Kelvin Waves
I think I'll just post IBTL right now and avoid the rush. 😆
-
Starship Flight 14 - Today!
I will be at work, so I won't have the opportunity to watch this one.
-
Your children are worth more.
One eight seven seven...
-
5 minutes charging time for your electric car
Five to ten minutes to recharge an EV is about the same amount of time as filling up with gasoline or diesel fuel.
-
El Nino predicted to be devastating
IBTL. 😉
-
AI progress speeding up dramatically!
At some point, AI will come to realize that the biggest threat to this planet is mankind.
-
Cats teach us how to eat.
A meat only diet is also hard on human kidneys and liver.
-
Yikes!
[Austrian accent] You were warned...
-
Re Miami 767 overrun and post flight data dump.
Well, here you go. Looking like some really poor decisions by one or possibly both pilots, not a mechanical issue.
-
Re Miami 767 overrun and post flight data dump.
Could certainly have been a case of "get-there-itis".
-
Anti Gravity aircraft
And vomiting. You forgot vomiting. Mostly on carpeted floors too.
- Flight 14 Booster Test
-
Genuine or not?
A bit like those in the 1970's who claimed they made a special induction system that could convert a car's gasoline engine to a water powered engine.
-
Don't Fall from a Hang Glider!
Holy word not allowed! 😲
-
Should I be concerned witrh these GPU temps?
110C / 230F is the maximum temperature limit before that GPU throttles itself. Have you cleaned out any dust accumulated in or on the GPU cooler?
-
I'm keeping my old car!
My car is a 2003 Honda CR-V, except for the air conditioner, front struts, and an oxygen sensor, all of it's repairs have been to replace things that wore out at or beyond their life expectancy. It still runs and drives great, but age is becoming a problem. The paint has failed, but it can be repainted. The big problem will be when replacement parts become unavailable. Fortunately, the CR-V, especially the first and second generations, were incredibly popular and Honda sold tons of them, so there is strong parts support from the companies that made OEM parts as well as aftermarket sources.
- FLIGHTSIM.COM
-
How to lose $600 Billion in 6 weeks ... SpaceX IPO
I don't think it is uncommon for a stock IPO to rapidly gain value in the first few days after the IPO, then fall to well under the IPO price. I expect some investors buy at the IPO and sell within the first few days, cashing in on the excitement of the IPO, but that can also weaken the value of the remaining shares.
-
Hero!
I got caught in a rip current once, it just sucks you away from the shore and it can do it quickly. It's frightening. I realized what it was and I swam parallel to the shoreline until I exited the rip current, then I could swim to shore.
-
Hero!
Good night! I would not even think about going into water with surf that rough. Kudos to the lifeguards and the beachgoers who saved that kid's life.
-
Starship Flight 13
Great flight! The heavy booster appeared to have a problem with landing. It did not splash down, it smashed down, a hard landing. Starship worked perfectly and had a gentle splash down, then slowly fell onto its side and floated.
-
Rip Current!
I got caught in a rip current once. I realized what it was and began swimming parallel with the shoreline. I came ashore a fair distance from where I entered the ocean.