Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Favorite airport terminal?

I have to say I have been to many airport terminals, in almost every state, in many European countries, in Japan, in South America and more.  What stands out?  These are my top ten:

1.  Pittsburgh Intl due to its indoor airside mall linking all the concourses

2.  My own Sky Harbors terminal 4 for its landside mall and food area, and air train to our light rail and bus system

3.  San Francisco International's International terminal.  I have not been in its concourses but it is light and airy in the ticketing area, and has a Bay Area Rapid Transit station right there in the terminal.

4.  Heathrow Airport Terminal Three with its great airside shopping mall and restaurants

5.  Schipol Airport, Amsterdam, so lively and with train and ground transport connections all over Europe

6.  Frankfurt Airport, same reason.  Landed there and was on a train to Heidelburg 30 mins after landing, I was immediately immersed in Germany, back in 87

7.  Orlando International.  When you arrive there, especially from desert Arizona, you feel like you are in an exotic, green, lush place. The trains to the concourses are great, security is not half bad, even post 2001.

8.  JFK's old TWA main terminal.  I last went in there at the end of the 20th century, thank goodness Jet Blue preserved the beautiful architecture, when I landed there I felt I was at a spaceport

9.  Tampa Florida, loved Tampa for the same reasons as Orlando

10. Dallas-Fort Worth.  Loved the train transport, concourse to concourse and concourses that just go on and on and on....

Honorable mention:  Zurich and Baltimore, and Narita.....

So that makes thirteen of my favs I have been to...

John

3. Halifax, because Maritime Canadians are amazing

2. Vancouver, because they have an amazing aquarium, great view of the city and mountains, and are very friendly overall.

1. Auckland, because when you get home from a long flight everyone treats you like a human being from the Border Patrol all the way down. Kiwi's know how to treat people better then anyone.

Last time I arrived in Auckland with my partner and our baby from LA the border patrol just took one look at us and said "Boy you look happy to be home" and stamped our arrival cards. I can't think of any other country that treats people this way (like humans). New Zealand is the best. 😎

Matthew Kane

1 hour ago, Matthew Kane said:

3. Halifax, because Maritime Canadians are amazing

2. Vancouver, because they have an amazing aquarium, great view of the city and mountains, and are very friendly overall.

1. Auckland, because when you get home from a long flight everyone treats you like a human being from the Border Patrol all the way down. Kiwi's know how to treat people better then anyone.

Last time I arrived in Auckland with my partner and our baby from LA the border patrol just took one look at us and said "Boy you look happy to be home" and stamped our arrival cards. I can't think of any other country that treats people this way (like humans). New Zealand is the best. 😎

I remember Vancouver, having work to do in Chilliwack once, years ago, in 95.  I loved the airport terminal, like Salt Lake City I feel it has the most beautiful views and setting of any major airport.

John