Sign in to follow this  
brodhaq

GTN 650+750 randomly freezing (the whole gauge)

@brodhaq it seems it is failing at a different but close enough location.

This and the error code tells there is something happening with the FPU which makes it fails at some point in time later (later being a few nanoseconds later, I mean the FPU error signal is hard to trace down because it doesn't trigger when there is a FPU error but only when there is a subsequent FPU operation).

Mind you: this may be also happening because of another plugin which decides to enable FPU exceptions and doesn't restore then back afterward (you can google some horror stories like this about major brand drivers making Firefox crashing on FPU for example).

@XPito this is a different error altogether, but it could be related to some extent. It is hard to tell for the moment but we are reviewing our code changes just in case. However I'd suspect two different other things first: you are running an XPlane beta version it seems, and/or you might have an overzealous anti-virus pulling the carpet under our plugin feet.

In any case, we are reviewing this and we've strengthen the code around the location reported by brodhaq for our next update, but given there are no other reports among our customers I'd suspect something closer to your systems than our code changes.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:39 AM, RXP said:

@XPito

In any case, we are reviewing this and we've strengthen the code around the location reported by brodhaq for our next update, but given there are no other reports among our customers I'd suspect something closer to your systems than our code changes.

Yes, the problem has been my system for insufficient virtual memory, it seems that I had very little free storage on my SSD and when the virtual memory of the system was exhausted this error occurred. Now I have more free space on my SSD and at the moment it works fine.👍

@XPito thank you for the additional information! Just so that we further our understanding and eventually come up with something better, how much free space remaining?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

now I have 45 GB of free storage, before my SSD only had 5 / 8 GB free and when I loaded the simulator xplane11 emptied all the virtual memory and I think this was the problem. Now I do not have any incident in the windows10 event viewer and everything works fine.

I'm asking because we routinely test our products on a Win7 8GB RAM system with less than 4GB free on the drive, with the entire simulator collection (from FS9 to P3D4 and from XP9 to XP11) and hardly found similar a problem. However it is a regular HD, not a SDD, if ever this makes a difference when reaching low free space. Something we'll keep an eye on in the future, either in the manuals or at least on the forum. Thank you!

PS: now you know why between announcing we are preparing an update release and the time it is posted, it takes 1 or more days!

Hello,

This issue has been most probably resolved by disabling Shadin Fuel Computer. Since then not a single freeze. I was unable to locate which plugin shall interfere with that, as I am using only few of basic and very common plugins.

Pavel  

@brodhaq thank you for the feedback. There is a new update being worked on with more 'robust' code on this feature, as well as a number of tweaks and stability enhancements throughout. We're delaying the release to match the release of the G500/600, but we may decide to release this one early eventually.