Sign in to follow this  
durieux

Supplemental / temporary NAV database

Hello -

I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer to this question: as far as I know, the PMDG 737 NGX does not model the FMC supplemental/temporary database (supposed to be accessible through INIT/REF INDEX -> NAV DATA -> REF NAV DATA. It's the last page that does not seem to exist). I recently flew a historic flight to an airport (SBCV) not in the standard databases, and realized I could not enter it as a temporary NAV item. Am I right that this capability is missing? 

Thanks!

Marcel Durieux

Correct.

Two alternatives exist.  Of course you can create a waypoint at the lat/lon or bearing/distance from a waypoint to act as your SBCV, the other is that the navdata files can be edited with any text editor to add an airport, but this is not something that works while you are enroute. 

Dan Downs KCRP

I know the airbus has the option to switch navdatabase but I don’t know if the Boeing can do that.