theskyisthelimit

Random vsync / fps issues with p3d v4.3?

I seem to have a problem i cant quite crack.. seems with vsync on at times my frame rate will drop to exactly 30.. toggle vsync off i'm at say 78 or 90 or 67 etc..

Put it back on, back to 30.. weird thing is.. if i close p3d and related apps and wait a period of time.. relaunch its back to 60.. then flying around or slewing (testing scenery) and suddenly its back to 30.

I'm at a loss here.. cpu utilization is normal.. only p3d using anything.. i do run chaseplane but i've tried killing that to no avail.

Anyone ran into this before?

Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Vsync will sync the frame rate to multiples of the refresh rate of your monitor. Say you've got a 60Hz monitor, so the base rate is 60 fps. As long as the sim can maintain performance more than 60 fps, it will keep it locked to 60fps. As soon as the sim output drops below 60, be if 55 or 35, it will step down straight to 0.5x 60, 30 fps. Nothing to worry about. 

If you want to keep it locked to 30 at all times, I believe there is a function in nvdia inspector to do that.

6 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Vsync will sync the frame rate to multiples of the refresh rate of your monitor. Say you've got a 60Hz monitor, so the base rate is 60 fps. As long as the sim can maintain performance more than 60 fps, it will keep it locked to 60fps. As soon as the sim output drops below 60, be if 55 or 35, it will step down straight to 0.5x 60, 30 fps. Nothing to worry about. 

If you want to keep it locked to 30 at all times, I believe there is a function in nvdia inspector to do that.

Yep that's what should happen but I'm in areas where without vsync on its never below 70 at least. Some other process is causing havoc and making the Sim think the refresh rate is 30.im certain of it. I just can't figure out what. Sometimes my batch file of taskills clears it mid session. Other times no effect and I have to either reboot or exit the Sim and wait extra long before coming back in 

A real mystery