Sign in to follow this  
rseijo

VoxATC Net Server v7.42 White Screen

Hi, hoping someone can help.

Installed VoxATC Net Server v7.42 and the newly download voices to the Server PC.  This is a clean install to a new directory path.  Prior to the installation I Uninstalled v7.41 via Windows 10 (64 Bit) Control Panel, Programs and Features.

When I launch VoxATC Net Server it shows a completely white window for about 5 seconds and then it closes.  I uninstalled & reinstalled a few times with Windows Defender and Firewall disabled.   As check to see if the downloaded software was corrupt, I installed VoxATC Net Server on the Client (SIM) PC and it loads correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks Ralph

Edited by rseijo
minor update

Well after continued failures of re-installations, deleting Left Over Files, verifying and deleting from Win Registry I have made no progress, still getting the white window when launching VoxATC Net Server.  No difference when launching as Administrator.   Again this is on the Server PC, not the Flight Sim / Client PC.

BTW, v7.41 was working flawlessly.....

The following is the Error report log.  Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Log Start 10/28/2018 16:27:36

FSUIPCInt init Start
FSUIPCInt init End
0 Ins Text set : Initializing
0 Prompt Text set :
0 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing.
Number format incorrect in Aircraft ContactPoint
   **** repeated multiple times ****
Format exception when reading aircraft config
0 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing..
init synth start
init synth end
0 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing...
Exception while initializing Asti : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Internal Workings\VoxATC Net Server\AstiInt.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Asti.GetAstiIntAss()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Asti.Init()

init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end
0 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing....
0 Ins Text set : 7.42 Initializing.....
init recog start
Log Start 10/28/2018 4:32:25 PM

init synth start
init synth end
init synth start
init synth end

The aircraft contact point error entry  in the logfile is because one or more of your flyable and AI aircraft that have faulty entries (typos) in the  aircraft.cfg files. Those errors won't cause VOXATC to malfunction. The aircraft is just ignored. The same is true with the AstiInt.dll missing entry. I don't think any releases of V7 have that file and the Netserver just ignores the missing library as unneeded. It might be used by the VOXPoP voices, but I don't use them, so I don't know if it is contained in that package. Why you are getting a white screen is unrelated to those log entries. Here is a user with a the same log entries:

but his problem was with 3rd party Ivona voices. I don't use the Net Server, but if you search backward through this subforum you will find some users that do use it and maybe their posts can help you out. You could always PM one of them for help.

AstiInt.dll has something to do with text to speech and speech recognition. If it's missing, VOXATC traps the error and moves on. Just for clarification, is the whole monitor white? Have you checked the SimConnect logs?

The Gauge itself loads as white, stays on for about 5 seconds and then closes on it's own.  

Have not checked SimConnect logs.  Where would I find them?

Thanks!

After several hours 15+ of trying to sort out what was wrong with the v7.42 Net Server installation on the Server PC  and two other PCs, I experienced the same results.  A completely white Net Server Screen.  I decided to revert to v7.41, the installation and functionality working flawlessly...  The v7.42 installation problem is very frustrating.  Not sure what the my next step will be...

The reason I proceeded with v7.42 was due to the new AI Traffic Schedules and Flight Numbers support...Traffic Global 

I have continued to troubleshoot the installation / non functioning of the v7.42 VoxATC Netserver Gauge to no avail; continue to get a white gauge box.

Installed the gauge on multiple PCs, ensure UAC is lowest level, Firewall & McAfee disabled.  Install productivity tool to clean up Windows Registry, Leftover Files, etc.  Can not get   v7.42 to work.  v7.41 installs and works with no trouble.  Emailed VoxATC Team, no response....

Please Help!!!  🙂   Thanks  Ralph

• Like 1

Hi, I know this topic is old but had the same issue and I was able to sort it out just with downloading the Network (Remote) Panel from the VoxATC website https://voxatc.com/Home/Download and the install it on the server PC.

Hope this help.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg