edpatino

Clearance delivery problems with F1 DC-9 and ProATCX

Recommended Posts

Using Pro-ATC/X with the F1/Coolsky DC-9 Classic.

After setting the correct clearance delivery (as indicated from the ATIS message) on the COMM1 radio, I'm not able to communicate and get the ATC Clearance. Maybe I'm missing something regarding the radios setup on the DC-9? Certain switch?. In all the rest of the aircraft fleet I don't have any issues.

Any hints from a DC-9 or Pro-ATC/X expert?.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

12 hours ago, edpatino said:

Using Pro-ATC/X with the F1/Coolsky DC-9 Classic.

After setting the correct clearance delivery (as indicated from the ATIS message) on the COMM1 radio, I'm not able to communicate and get the ATC Clearance. Maybe I'm missing something regarding the radios setup on the DC-9? Certain switch?. In all the rest of the aircraft fleet I don't have any issues.

Any hints from a DC-9 or Pro-ATC/X expert?.

Cheers, Ed

To complement a bit, after getting the first ATIS message about weather conditions and the correct frequency of Clearance Delivery, I notice that such frequency is not automatically tuned in the COMM2 radio as it's always done in other aircraft. Could it be that I'm missing a step on the aircraft setup that is not allowing the radio to work the way it should?.

Any help would be appreciated from those DC-9 (and Pro-ATC/X experts).

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post

I assume you have turned the Radios systems on and you are able to set the required frequency to ask for clearance? But PRO-ATCX is not detecting this, correct?

S.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, edpatino said:

I notice that such frequency is not automatically tuned in the COMM2 radio as it's always done in other aircraft. Could it be that I'm missing a step on the aircraft setup that is not allowing the radio to work the way it should?.

What if you set the radio manually? Maybe this specific plane has problems or is incompatible with ProATC's 'automation logic'. There are more planes that don't work as it should with this option. I myself always set the radio manually.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, J van E said:

What if you set the radio manually? Maybe this specific plane has problems or is incompatible with ProATC's 'automation logic'. There are more planes that don't work as it should with this option. I myself always set the radio manually.

Did exactly that already, but it's not working either. That's why I tend to think the issue is probably related to a radios setup on the F1 DC-9.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers, Ed

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

I assume you have turned the Radios systems on and you are able to set the required frequency to ask for clearance? But PRO-ATCX is not detecting this, correct?

S.

 

Yes, right, radios turned ON (using the switches located near the NAV and COMM dials), and set the required frequency before asking for clearance, but as you say, Pro-ATC/X seems not to be detecting it.

I'm now so accostumed to fly with ATC that I stopped flying the F1 DC-9 until I solve the problem.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Yes, right, radios turned ON (using the switches located near the NAV and COMM dials), and set the required frequency before asking for clearance, but as you say, Pro-ATC/X seems not to be detecting it.

I'm now so accostumed to fly with ATC that I stopped flying the F1 DC-9 until I solve the problem.

Cheers, Ed

Ok I suggest then to ask in the Pro-atcx forums, MosquitoX and the rest are very helpful in that forum, I am sure they will find a way.

Regards

S.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simbol said:

Ok I suggest then to ask in the Pro-atcx forums, MosquitoX and the rest are very helpful in that forum, I am sure they will find a way.

Regards

S.

Good, thanks. Will try and post here in case there's something interesting to everyone.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post

Hi:

It seems I've found how to make Pro-ATC/X to properly work with the F1 DC-9 Classic. For some reason, not a logical one of course, one have to use the COMM2 radio for all communications with CD, ground, tower and controllers, instead of using the COMM1 radio. COMM1 is automatically selected by Pro-ATC/X when it starts with the flightplan loaded for transmitting the first radio message (ATIS) giving the weather (122.00 frequency in my case) and the Clearance Delivery frequency information. Then you have to manually dial that CD frequency into COMM2 and it works!. A trial an error solution.

Now, to DC-9 flights everywhere!.

Cheers, Ed

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now