Sign in to follow this  
Danutzzz

What should I choose?

Hi!

At the moment i have an i3 6100 , GTX 1050 2GB, and 8 GB RAM.

I want to buy an budget PC , that could run P3D in 30+ FPS. I was planning to get an GTX 1060 3GB, 8 GB of RAM, and i still don't know what CPU should i get. I have only 2 options: Ryzen 5 1600 or the Intel I5 8500 . Which one should o pick?

Thanks!

I think the best option is buying the ryzen because it’s overclockable and amd gurantees the compatibolity of new ryzen with old motherboards. So, if I’m the future you want to upgrade it, i think the best option is getting the ryzen

I would stay with the Intel.  It's faster and FSX/P3D were developed using Intel as AMD refused to play Microsoft's Windows upgrade game and leave Windows XP after FSX was developed.  They thought Windows XP was the ultimate for Windows Operating Systems (they did write a blog stating this).  I do know AMD refused to update their video card drivers for Windows Vista in protest giving Nvidia a huge lead in the video card market.  It is why the majority of flight simmers are using Nvidia cards.  Here are some sample performance scores - https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8500-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600/m447884vs3919.

Since this is now the 21st Century and AMD has matured somewhat, I think either systems would work okay with P3D but there is a significant lack of benchmarks comparing the CPU's for P3D.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

44 minutes ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

I think the best option is buying the ryzen because it’s overclockable and amd gurantees the compatibolity of new ryzen with old motherboards. So, if I’m the future you want to upgrade it, i think the best option is getting the ryzen

4 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I would stay with the Intel.  It's faster and FSX/P3D were developed using Intel as AMD refused to play Microsoft's Windows upgrade game and leave Windows XP after FSX was developed.  They thought Windows XP was the ultimate for Windows Operating Systems (they did write a blog stating this).  I do know AMD refused to update their video card drivers for Windows Vista in protest giving Nvidia a huge lead in the video card market.  It is why the majority of flight simmers are using Nvidia cards.  Here are some sample performance scores - https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8500-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600/m447884vs3919.

Since this is now the 21st Century and AMD has matured somewhat, I think either systems would work okay with P3D but there is a significant lack of benchmarks comparing the CPU's for P3D.

Thanks a lot!

4 hours ago, Danutzzz said:

Hi!

At the moment i have an i3 6100 , GTX 1050 2GB, and 8 GB RAM.

I want to buy an budget PC , that could run P3D in 30+ FPS. I was planning to get an GTX 1060 3GB, 8 GB of RAM, and i still don't know what CPU should i get. I have only 2 options: Ryzen 5 1600 or the Intel I5 8500 . Which one should o pick?

Thanks!

As long as the case and PSU could take it, if your budget is restricted, I'd get a 2nd hand 7700k or 7600k and a 6gb version of the 1060.  I think you'd be pretty underwhelmed whichever of the new options you choose.  I would think you would be able to get about 40% of the cost back selling the 6100 and 1050 

• Like 1

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427