Sign in to follow this  
Bob Marton

Your Thoughts on ImagineSim KLGA for P3Dv4.3?

Imaginsim's LaGuardia Airport has been available for the better part of 2018. I have been thinking about purchasing this add-on, but in reading forum comments here on Avsim from February-March, there were issues including elevation/water on runways, and other items.

If you use this software, can you give me some information about any lingering issues I should be aware of.

Very much appreciated.

Rob

Hi Robert,

I am running their latest KLGA scenery (Installer v 3.1.0.0) on P3D v4.3 since last February and don't have any problem with it. With the previous version (Installer v3.0.0.0) I had some problem with elevation of surrounding water bodies that would partially cover the runways intersection (I had to reload the scenery library when on final to correct it), but I don't have this problem with the latest version.

FPS wise, considering that the New York area is already kind of heavy, I am satisfied with the scenery performance. Haven't flow to KLGA for some times but if memory serves me well, I think I had anywhere between 20 and 30 FPS with Dynamic Lighting ON and AI traffic at 60%.

Keep in mind that the Terminals and Gates positioning in this scenery is what the airport should look like by the year 2021 when the construction of new Terminal layout should be completed. It is not the layout that was there in 2016.

AIRPORT INFORMATION (extracts from Wikipedia)
On July 27, 2015, Governor Andrew Cuomo, joined by Vice President of the United States Joe
Biden, announced a $4 billion plan that would rebuild the terminals as one contiguous building
with terminal bridges connecting buildings. Airport officials and planners had concluded that the
airport essentially had to be torn down and rebuilt.

Under the plan, a single unified terminal building is to be constructed in stages, with a people
mover, retail space and a new hotel. Some 2 miles (3.2 km) of additional taxiways will be built. A
people mover will connect the new terminal sections, the Grand Central Parkway will be
reconfigured, and AirTrain LaGuardia, previously announced, will connect the airport to the Mets –
Willets Point subway station and the Mets – Willets Point LIRR station. A proposed high speed
ferry will service the Marine Air Terminal, a national historic landmark, which will remain intact. The
new airport will be eco-friendly and contain accommodations such as a hotel and a
business/conference center. The entire airport will move 600 feet (180 m) closer to the Grand
Central Parkway.

In late March 2016, the comprehensive plans for the redevelopment were approved unanimously.
Construction of the project's first half will start in 2016, with completion scheduled for 2021.

If your hardware is recent and powerful enough, you should be OK.

Best regards,

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

Thank you Norman, your post was very good. I have a powerful PC, so I should be good. I appreciate your guidance

1 hour ago, Bob Marton said:

Thank you Norman, your post was very good. I have a powerful PC, so I should be good. I appreciate your guidance

The water on the airport surfaces is sometimes just P3D being overly agressive with the water effects.  Turn them down from Ultra to High and the problem goes away.  I like the Imaginesim KLGA.  I had the one from DD but removed it within a few days and found the Imaginesim product.

Dan Downs KCRP