Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

Right VHF Receiver on the ACP

Hello,

With the B747-400, is it normal that on the 3 ACPs, when the right VHF receiver is ON (with light on just above the knob with arrow), it cannot be selected to OFF?

All other receivers can be selected to ON or OFF.

Stéphane

vpa055.png

Hi , do you have 121.5 selected as the active frequency on there?

Jon Bunting

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Hi Jon, no. I use Right VHF only to listen Active Sky ATIS on 122.000 for departure and 122.025 for arrival.

vpa055.png

If the transmit switch is set to that particular radio then you also cannot silence it. Try putting the transmit button to VHF left or center. Otherwise yeah, 121.5 is the other reason. Can’t think of anything else that would cause it. 

Edited by Jetlinker

The transmit button was on left VHF, MIC light ON left VHF, MIC light OFF on right VHF, I used the left ACP.

Is there anyone here who do a quick test? Transmit on left VHF (MIC ON), receive on left VHF, select right VHF from the left ACP, tune a COM frequency, swap active/stdby freq on right VHF, activate VHF right to receive on that tuned frequency, then try to not receive anymore from VHF right. The light remains illuminated.

Stephane 

vpa055.png

Hi, you’re not talking about the offset tuning light here are you? 

I’m having problems trying to visualise what you’re describing,do you have a picture at all?

Cheers

Jon Bunting 

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Jon, I am talking about this light :

45781547282_12c420525c_b.jpg

The first time I push the volume knob to receive on right VHF, the light comes ON. The second time I push on the volume knob to NOT receive on right VHF the light stays ON.

Edited by stefltt

vpa055.png

Ah, I’m with you, thanks for the picture.

I’ve not got the sim running, so can only confirm that on the real jet you should be able to turn it off as you say, unless ,as you know already, you have 121.5 selected, which I know you said you hadn’t.

so, in answer to your original question, I’d have to say no, it’s not normal.

cheers

Jon Bunting

787 captain.