pilot10112

SODE jetway install issues

Hi all! I have recently purchased flightbeam’s KSFO HD and am having trouble with the SODE jetway function. I went to the site downloaded the installer  and started the install. But this is where the problem is, a message pops up saying that my computer is not able to run this thing needed for the install. This is destroying me because I also have gsx 2 and can’t use the jetways. Please help and thank you!

Simon S.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"the site"  What site?

"the installer"  Which installer?

"a message"  What message?

"this thing" what thing?

Can't help when there are no specifics...sorta like when the wife says that the car makes a funny noise when she presses on that doohickey underneath the thingamajig.

Regards

22 minutes ago, w6kd said:

"the site"  What site?

"the installer"  Which installer?

"a message"  What message?

"this thing" what thing?

Can't help when there are no specifics...sorta like when the wife says that the car makes a funny noise when she presses on that doohickey underneath the thingamajig.

Regards

Sorry hang on I will get it in a sec

Ok

site= sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

installer= SODE V1.6.3

message=“There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.”

I have tried it with and without bitdefender on

Do you have the FSX versions of SimConnect already installed?  This is included, but not automatically installed, when P3D is installed.  You need to run the SimConnect.msi files for FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1, and FSX-SP2-XPACK, in that order, and I recommend rebooting after running each installer.  They are located in your P3Dv4 root folder, e.g. for the FSX RTM version: <your P3Dv4 root folder>\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

You want to install them all--the different versions coexist with each other, and some add-ons (even P3D-specific ones) may need specific versions of the FSX interface to work properly.

If that's not it, I'd try downloading it again--with the antivirus off for the download *and* install this time--and see if it still has the issue.  If it does, you're gonna need to send Jeffrey Stahl (the author of SODE) an e-mail.  He's a pretty helpful guy, and I'll bet he'll know where to look for additional clues.

Regards

Ok thank you so much for all the help. I have simconnect installed I will try downloading the installer without bitdefender

Im tired of bitdefender and have uninstalled it. This thing has trouble excluding various apps and folders.  Complicated and convoluted. Sick of having programs not work because I'm constantly having to micromanage it. Stick to Windows defender which was assessed as being as good as any of these programs.