Sign in to follow this  
Wordpress

Simulator Lockup

Hi there! For the past month, about 10-20 minutes into loading in my sim, my vpilot will say there was a simulator lockup. Some of my planes' flight controls stop working, but also, I cannot switch view categories from the cockpit to the outside without doing it manually. This has caused me to bin almost all of my flights. I came here because I'm pretty sure chaseplane is causing it. I've sent it a report through preferences and reinstalled.

What leads you to believe ChasePlane is the cause of it?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

5 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

What leads you to believe ChasePlane is the cause of it?

It seems when I change a view a certain amount of times, or use the locked spot view, it causes issues not only with my whole simulator, but also Chaseplane. I decided to start here for those reasons.

Furthermore, it seems like this is my issue, but I cannot find wxstationlist.bin.
http://prntscr.com/lh2jjq

When I reinstall chaseplane, I get this message.

https://prnt.sc/lh2l1x

Even if it isn't your problem, I'm less experienced with flight sims. I suppose you could at least point me in the right direction.

Edited by Wordpress

I found a migraiton tool backup for wxstationlist.bin, so I placed it back in and I eventually got the same problem.

I then delete wxstationlist.bin (as others have said with my same issue) and after 20 minutes of flying the same thing happens again.

Make sure your add-ons (FSUIPC, etc..) are up to date. That's the only thing I can think of that might cause that issue.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I've removed the older version of FSUIPC, installed the new version (free version) and I went to a random airport (KIAD this time). I went in the FSLabs A320 (because it's obvious when this error occurs). And sure enough, about 20 minutes in, I can't switch Chaseplane categories. Also, my flight controls stopped working. I tried connecting to VATSIM but it gave me this:

[02:23:36] vPilot is unable to connect to the simulator. Please ensure FSX/P3D is running and a flight is loaded.

Maybe it's something with Simconnect? Please get back to me when possible. This issue has pretty much rendered my sim annoying/unflyable depending on the airplane.

Have you tried reinstalling Simconnect to see if it fixes it?  Also have you changed any USB devices since the issue started, like a new mouse/keyboard?

Alan

16 minutes ago, exeodus said:

Have you tried reinstalling Simconnect to see if it fixes it?  Also have you changed any USB devices since the issue started, like a new mouse/keyboard?

I did not reinstall Simconnect. I have not bought any new USB devices. How would I reinstall simconnect?

Go to your P3D folder, the go to: redist/Interface/FSX-SP2-XPACK/retail/lib, then right click on Simconnect.msi, then click Install.

Alan

25 minutes ago, exeodus said:

Go to your P3D folder, the go to: redist/Interface/FSX-SP2-XPACK/retail/lib, then right click on Simconnect.msi, then click Install.

Not working still. I may (regardless of fixing this or not) move to X-Plane. I have it already, but I think I'll use it more because it looks great and it's stable. Also some nice addons floating around. 

Back on topic, I tried running it, and the problem still persists.

Edited by Wordpress

I have the same problem as Wordpress now. Ever since the last CP update on 11/11/18, P3Dv4.2 on Win 10 has a freeze issue. Exact same problems. I had a previous lockup issue and Keven did a remote and found the problem. I have copied a portion of that transcript in hopes in might help someone.

keven; Using the Previous Flight might cause issues where a corrupt save will propagate issues forever like this. Try recreating the flight and saving a new one to see if the issue goes away

me; so maybe change the default flight to something other than "previous flight"?

keven; Yes, I removed it from the prepar3d.cfg to restore the real default flight but you can create a new one and set it to that.

me; ok, it doesn't matter where i start really, i can always change locations and aircraft, which i always start with the j3 cub..

I tried a test flight in the Carendo PA-23, no weather or VATSIM, put it on AP and it was fine for two hours, all looked good.  So I will now try a flight in the TFDI 717 with weather and no VATSIM, start P3Dv4.2 on a different flight default and then reset my location  and aircraft to KDTW where my flight will originate.  Hopefull I won't have that lock up after an hour or so where flight controls don't work etc.....

Edited by fltsimguy
want notification of replies

Sorry for the hang guys, I moved over to XP11. Not to start the debate, but things don't crash here! I'm enjoying it a lot more so far. Thanks for the help anyways guys.

I've been having this same exact issue. Doesn't seem to happen with any of my GA planes. It happens 20-30 mins in flight with either the PMDG products and QW 787. I've reinstalled the sim and sim connect and neither have fixed the issue. Has anyone found a solution yet?