Sign in to follow this  
ORN

New GA aircraft Saab Safir

Yep! In real life I'm a Saab 900 Classic driver, so an aircraft from Saab finds a soft spot :)I had no hesitation to buy this outstanding quality aircraft for a very nice price. I got 3 different planes! And everything is just in the right place, textures are crisp but no frame rate killers, every sound is there, every movement and functionality is portrayed and does actually something :)I just pulled the normal checklist out and fired her up (the Swiss one) and did a few patterns and ooh man, I just had a few real life flight lessons, but this feels and looks very convincing to me.From my heart a big thank you because I have a good procedure trainer and a very nice aircraft to 'fly' with.Now back to flying...the Saaball the best,Rob de VriesThe NetherlandsRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest BJK

Sounds great!I will go and open up my wallet now then! :)

Guest BJK

>Looks like a fun bird :), the external and VC look great..>whats the gauge refresh like?They are ultrasmooth I must say!Really nice bird!!

Refresh rate? As good as or better as Realairs stuff? I don't know, byt what I do know is that I never saw more smooth gauges but in real life period.I'm not a gauge programmer but I heard something about more than the default 18 times/sec refreshment and the end result depending on your own framerate. But again I may say utter nonense here. It's good, best i've ever seen in FS and that's no nonsense.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

HelloIn one word, STUNNING. what great VC FPS and gauge smoothness.

Guest damunn

This is awesome, a real change from the endless Cessnas and the like.Great graphics, great flight model, really smooth gauges. No 2d panel included, but there is a link in the freeware section on the Sib Wings site. Definitely into RealAir territory. And at 20 Euros a bargain!:)regards,David.

HelloJust did a flight at dusk , really nice night lighting in the Swiss version.I have everything by Realair and this is up to that standard, what a bargain at 20 euros

Guest allcott

Lots of fun with this.Anyone opened the cowls and then started the engine? You should! Nice easter egg!The developers are aware of the bug with the gyro on HB, the Swiss model and the VOR indicator.Tipping gyro's is a new feature for FS I think? Lock those instruments before aerobatting!What an achievement! Seen the pictures during dvelopment, knew the visual model was going to be good, but the flight model is up there with the best ever, maybe even better than any other GA. You can't pull this bird off the ground below flying speed.Do not ask me how I know this!Oh, all this and GE Pro update too. All we need is the Dornier and we're all set until well after the release of FSX!A BIG congratualtions to the Sib Wings team - a stunning release, worth every penny!Allcott

HelloWhat a weekend, bought the supronov Yak40 friday, promised myself that was my last purchase for FS9.Then i saw this SAAB Safir and could not resist.Then discovered that GE Pro update was out as well as the Active Sky update for GE pro integration was also released.I just did a circuit from Flytampa KSEA in both of these aircraft using TrackIR, after letting GE pro fetch the metar through AS6 and auto install weather matched textures.FSX will need to be really something to get me away from FS9

Hello ORN great shots, to be honest i have not seen any screens in the FSX forum that look better than these shots.