Sign in to follow this  
MajorMike

Is it allowed to have Reality XP GTN 750 on a 2nd computer

I have purchased the Reality XP GTN 750 for X-Plane. I have installed this successfully on my main computer. However I also have X-Plane installed on a second computer a laptop which I use occasionally when I get together with flight sim friends at a village hall for a day of flight sim. This second computer the laptop would only be used when the main computer is not being used at the same time.

I presumed the Reality XP would allow this but when I tried to install the Reality XP it says the Licence is invalid  on my laptop -contact vendor..

Please advise if I must purchase a second licence if i wish to use it on the laptop and how would I contact the vendor as when I looked for support it gave me the option of the forum and I could not see a way of contacting the vendor direct.

Thank-you.

Michael Houghton

Hi Michael,

Yes you can and it is explained in the EULA:

"1.1. One user may use the Software on the Customer's computer where the software is installed; you may use the Software on a second computer so long as only one copy is used at a time and only after having secured a second license permission from RXP. You may use the Software on a network ONLY IF each individual accessing the Software through the network has a copy licensed to that individual and installed on the machine from which they are accessing the network; and you may copy the Software for archival purposes, provided the copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices."

The "invalid license" message is because it requires you install with the e-commerce installer on the 2nd computer:

How do I reinstall my software?
http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)