FingerMan101

P3D V4.3 CTD after selecting an airport

Hello guys!

recently my P3D decided to CTD (without any error, or log) after selecting airport and hitting the ok button. 
I have tried a full reinstall, deleting all the folders (AppData, ProgramData...etc) it didn't fix it.
P3D is vanilla with no addons installed at all. Frehsly new.

I also installed latest drivers, and latest Windows updates.

I7 6700K@4.7Ghz
Asus GTX 1070 strix oc

16GB ram
P3D is on samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD

EDIT: fixed by reinstalling and deleting EVERYTTHING

Edited by FingerMan101

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm having the same issue. Have you installed the October update (version 1809)? And, apart from installation directory, AppData Local/Roaming, ProgramData and folders in Documents, what have you deleted when you say 'EVERYTTHING'?

Thanks!

The OP had a crash when selecting the airport.  This indicates to me an incompatible airport or one not properly installed.  Deleting everything will definitely fix a crash.  Hopefully the member reinstalled.

Both OP's and my installation were fresh (OP: "P3D is vanilla with no addons installed at all. Frehsly new."). On my system P3D has never been installed before, since I completed the build this afternoon. No addons have been installed on this system, ever. Unfortunately deleting everything related to P3D doesn't resolve the issue. I will play around some more at a later time.

Works now, here's what I did:

1. Install P3D, test airport selection, fail, uninstall P3D + leftovers (AppData, ProgramData, Documents), reboot.

2. Install P3D, test airport selection, fail, uninstall P3D + leftovers (AppData, ProgramData, Documents), reboot.

3. Install P3D, test airport selection, succeed.

Literally had to try and install it three times. Software is weird.