JRBarrett

GTN750 - no TAWS test

I recently installed the GTN750 in P3D 4.3 on Win 10.

I previously owned the "other" GTN750, but wanted to go with the RXP version - not only because of the updated Nav data, but because I had always been an RXP customer in the past, and want to continue supporting you.

Prior to installing the RXP version, I uninstalled the "other" version, as well as the older Garmin trainer. I installed the new Trainer 6.50.1

The only aircraft I am currently using the 750 in is the new Flightsimware Falcon 50, configured as a single unit. The FSW supports the RXP natively, and it seems to work fine in all regards with one exception: When the unit is powered on, after clicking through the opening test screens, I never get the TAWS system test. There is no white TAWS test icon on the 750 display, and no voice. These functions did work when I was using the "other" 750 in this same aircraft.

If I run the Garmin trainer as a stand-alone outside the sim, I do see the TAWS system test message, and hear the voice annunciation that the test was OK.

Not sure if this is a problem specific to the Falcon, or something in the RXP unit when installed in a sim aircraft. I wanted to ask here before I inquire on the FSW forum.

Terrain visual warnings on the display seem to work fine.

Thanks,

Jim Barrett

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jim and thank you for your support!

Please take the time to review the "Getting Started" section of the User's Manual and see how to open the live, in-sim, settings.

You've many options available including whether you want Terrain Proximity, TAWS-B or TAWS-A. It defaults to TERR and both TAWS options offer additional parameters to fine tune!

16 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi Jim and thank you for your support!

Please take the time to review the "Getting Started" section of the User's Manual and see how to open the live, in-sim, settings.

You've many options available including whether you want Terrain Proximity, TAWS-B or TAWS-A. It defaults to TERR and both TAWS options offer additional parameters to fine tune!

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I should open the settings for this aircraft, since it comes with a pre-configured .ini file, but I will explore the options.

Jim Barrett