Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Compatibility question

Hi all,

Apologies if it has already been answered, but because I want to be 100% sure, I'd like to ask. I have seen the tutorial for the default Baron and I just want to ask or make sure  whether someone has tried it for add-on airplanes. I am considering to order the GNS 530W and would like to use it to replace the X-Plane''s GNS on the Virtual Cockpit (not as a pop-up). I am particularly interested in using it for the LES SAAB 340A, Digital Replica Cessna 310L and Dreamfoil E110 aircraft. They all use X-Plane's default GNS.
Will this be possible as an integrated VC solution?

Thank you very much!

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Hi,

I'd suggest you tour the official panel configuration thread here:

This shows a variety of aircraft the RXP GNS V2 can be configured into easily.

Overall, nearly all aircraft with a GNS can integrate easily the RXP GNS V2 like explained in the Baron 58 tutorial, even more so if they use the default XP11 GPS and you enable 'Use Simulator GPS Commands'.

The basics are:

1) you need a surface to paint the GNS onto (panel.png)

2) you don't need a 3D bezel as we support the mouse in 3D over a flat rectangle (the rectangle onto which the GNS renders).

3) any 3D bezel using default simulator GPS commands works as-is with our GNS V2 (with the aforementioned option).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello Jean-Luc,

Thank you very much for the extensive reply. That is great news, so if I buy the RXP GNS I can feel comfortable that I will be able to integrate it to all aircraft using the default XP GNS. Great news, thank you very much for this awesome product 🙂 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

More specifically, until X-Plane devs finally consider one day (we've been asking for the last 8 years nearly) to add the means via the SDK for 3rd party plugins to 'create' at runtime surfaces plugin can render to:

1. Panel.png is the 'texture' used for dynamic textures in the 3D cockpit.
  2. As long as there is a rectangle available in the panel.png, you can make the GNS V2 to draw to it.
  3. As long as this rectangle matches a location on the 3D panel where the GPS should appear, you are good to go.
  4. Otherwise, it will paint wherever the aircraft modeller has decided where this rectangle should map to.
  5. Most aircraft using the default GPS use a rectangle in the panel.png for the GPS screen.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)