Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

backup function not working (resolved)

I have an issue with the backup function that is not working at all.

I have tryed to install the GTN 750 in the Alabeo PA44 Seminole using the autodetection and replacing the default GPS 500 by the GTN 750.

I then decide to revert back to the original configuration so I select "remove all reality XP GTN" the issue is that now I don't have the default GPS anymore.

And if I try to reinstall the GTN 750 I have an error message stating that the wizard did not detect any GPS gauge.

So basically the wizard is not backing up the original panel it just erase the default GPS gauge.

How can I get back the original panel of my Seminol (appart from re-installing) ?

On the long run why the installer is not working as intended as of now I need to manually backup my panel.cfg as if I don't like the result I can't go back ?

Thanks

Hi,

please make sure to review the list of options:

1) Remove All just does what it says, it removes the gauges

2) Restore Panel however, the last option, does what you want. Whenever the assistant changes the panel.cfg it automatically makes a backup. You can restore the first backtup automatically, or manually explore the backup files in the aircraft panel folder and restore the one you want.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I do not have the restore option.

I never had it. The only options available after having replace the gauge by the reality XP one are:

• Configure
  • Replace
  • Remove

Hi,

This means there was a problem saving the backup file. Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (see User's Manual for file/path)

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

RXP GTN.gau:

18/11/24 13:36:19.523 16212 -    ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.8.0
18/11/24 13:36:19.523 16212 INFO ]

RXP_GTN Menu.dll

18/11/24 13:30:11.004 15632 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.8.0
18/11/24 13:30:11.007 15632 INFO ] edit panel: B:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo PA44_Seminole\panel\panel.cfg
18/11/24 13:36:17.766 19440 INFO ]
18/11/24 13:36:17.768 19440 INFO ] edit panel: B:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\panel\panel.cfg
18/11/24 13:36:17.783 19440 ERROR] failed to copy: B:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\RealityXP.GTN.ini to: C:\Users\Arnaud\AppData\Local\Temp\rxp500E.tmp
18/11/24 13:36:17.786 19440 ERROR] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable., code: 00000002

RXPGTNSim.dll

18/11/24 13:36:21.793 16212 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.8.0
18/11/24 13:36:21.793 16212 INFO ]
18/11/24 13:36:25.321 10608 INFO ]

Thank you for the details.

Can you confirm there is no "panel_######_######.rxp" backup file in :

"B:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo PA44_Seminole\panel\"
"B:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\panel\"

You may want to review this if this applies too:

Edited by RXP

4 hours ago, RXP said:

You may want to review this if this applies too:

Not too sure what I'm supposed to check here but I do not have activated the protection against ransomware in Windows.

Shall I try a reinstall of the reality XP Gauge ?

I have succesfully install it on the A2A Bonanza, the A2A Commanche and the Real Air Turbine Duke2, in none of the case I have the option to Restore the pannel.

Hi, I confirm the 'Restore' function has a bug, it has been for quite some time as well, and we're adding a fix to this in the update we're working on for release later today. Thank you for your feedback on this one!

a quick note to let you know v2.5.9 update is now released:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/534860-rxp-gtn-750650-touch-fltsim-v259-released/