Sign in to follow this  
BlueStar

Missing Aircraft - KDAL

It seems that the SWA B737s landing at KDAL disappear when within about 3 miles of the airport.  In fact the only aircraft showing at KDAL are those generated by PSX parking and they are not in the correct position since KDAL built a new terminal several years ago.  

I am not sure if this is a Real Traffic problem or a PSX problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

2 hours ago, Bluestar said:

1) It seems that the SWA B737s landing at KDAL disappear when within about 3 miles of the airport. 

2) In fact the only aircraft showing at KDAL are those generated by PSX parking and they are not in the correct position since KDAL built a new terminal several years ago.

@1) That might be SWA company policy issue, they probably switch off their transponder? It is not something PSXseeeconTraffic can do something about. No real time data -> no aircraft in your sim :-[  (move to another airport)

@2) The parked aircraft are placed at the parking positions generated for KDAL. This depends on what airport or airport add-on you are using, and has nothing to do with that new terminal. Run ParkPosGenerator to get the parking positions synchronised with the airport in your Simulator.

Only real live aircraft would go to that new terminal....(but you have no live aircraft at KDAL...)

3 minutes ago, kiek said:

@1) That might be SWA company policy issue, they probably switch off their transponder? It is not something PSXseeeconTraffic can do something about. No real time data -> no aircraft in your sim :-[  (move to another airport)

The aircraft are disappearing approximately 3 miles prior to landing.  They would not turn be turning off their transponders prior to landing.  I am getting plenty of aircraft at KDFW which is only 5 miles away.  

Is it possible that Real Traffic is filtering out some of the satellite airports in some areas?  If so I will contact Balthasar.

Grace and Peace, 

12 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Is it possible that Real Traffic is filtering out some of the satellite airports in some areas?  If so I will contact Balthasar.

I don't think so. RT gives all traffic around your user aircraft within 100 nm.

It is more likely that there is something in that area that is blocking the ADS-B signal. Do you have the same problem when aircraft arrive from the opposite direction?

The problem is from all directions.  The aircraft are visible on Flight Aware which is ADS-B so that is what confuses me. I just departed PANC and per Live ATC there should have been a Cessna departing in front of me, but it was not visible.  Most of the time Real Traffic is very good.  

Grace and Peace, 

Flight Aware is not the same as RealTraffic. Do you see traffic at RealTraffic's radar screen? If not, contact Balthasar.

I see the aircraft on the Real Traffic radar up to approximately 3 miles and it disappears.  I have noticed the lack of general aviation traffic at other airports also. I will look at other ADS-B sites and see if those sites are showing traffic at KDAL. 

Grace and Peace, 

The lack of GA is because many simply don't have ads-b transponders yet, or they do but are blocked from the trackers.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

The lack of GA is because many simply don't have ads-b transponders yet, or they do but are blocked from the trackers.

The issue that I see is KDAL is in Class B airspace so it must have ADS-B coverage to the surface.

It doesn't really matter since this is only a game. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

36 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

The issue that I see is KDAL is in Class B airspace so it must have ADS-B coverage to the surface

Afaik, that isn't in place until Jan1, 2020. Until then it's mode C.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS