Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Remember the yaw damper on the Falcon

Hi all:

I just flew an approach into MVY (FSX). Beautiful night but nasty crosswind 10 gust 19 out of 304, landing ILS 24. All was great until I kicked off the AP at 500 ft to make the landing. So as the nose points right I have my left foot through the bulkhead trying to get the rudder in. Landed ok but not pretty. Then it occurred to me that the yaw damper was still in. Apparently it does not kick out when the AP does, although it goes in when the AP is turned on. And with my FSX the rudder is tied to the yaw damper.Need a button for this. Tough to find that switch in the dark.

This is a wonderful airplane. Pretty to look at and great to fly. Great range. I am seriously addicted. Congratulations to Flysimware for a magnificent achievement.

Rick

2 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Hi all:

I just flew an approach into MVY (FSX). Beautiful night but nasty crosswind 10 gust 19 out of 304, landing ILS 24. All was great until I kicked off the AP at 500 ft to make the landing. So as the nose points right I have my left foot through the bulkhead trying to get the rudder in. Landed ok but not pretty. Then it occurred to me that the yaw damper was still in. Apparently it does not kick out when the AP does, although it goes in when the AP is turned on. And with my FSX the rudder is tied to the yaw damper.Need a button for this. Tough to find that switch in the dark.

This is a wonderful airplane. Pretty to look at and great to fly. Great range. I am seriously addicted. Congratulations to Flysimware for a magnificent achievement.

Rick

The keys includes a customs assignment and its also on the popup panel that can be left on for the entire flight as it sits on the top of the screen in a slim long rectangle.