Sign in to follow this  
Guest gibaholic

FSUIPC for FSX

Will SimConnect provide for WideFS-type connecticity as well, allowing you run add-on programs on another computer?* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

>Will SimConnect provide for WideFS-type connecticity as well,>allowing you run add-on programs on another computer?>>* Orest>They haven't really been giving out specifics like that.

Guest gibaholic

I am dying to see the SDK ....

Guest freefd

>The problem with GPL is that you also need to release the>source of EVERYTHING that uses a GPL module in any way.>>So if an alternative to FSUIPC were released under GPL any>addon using that module would have to be GPL as well.>That's the crux, and that's the reason many people and>companies won't touch anything that even hints to GPL with a>very long pole.>The risks are way too great that you're in some way infected>by GPL and loose your entire investment.Wow, you might want to read the GPL some time. In any event, if Pete were to open-source the thing, it would most likely fall under the LGPL.Don.

GREAT!!!I am very pleased to see an endemic solution in place of a 3rd party solution. I don't want to praise SimConnect too much sight unseen, and I also don't want to denigrate Pete's very superb contribution, but a SDK-based solution is warranted in this case.Can't wait!!!

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.