Sign in to follow this  
Doug Pelton

Reinstall 737 base fails loading of Tutorials.

Just upgraded from W7 to W10. Used PMDG Installer for my 737-800 base package (Also have installed FSUIPC) and extracted file into a C:\ folder---not FSX.

I can select a PMDG plane in the FSX panel, but non of the tutuorial's have loaded- (??_

Thanks Doug Pelton

JetLine Gravity GT-1-- FSX-SE --Windows 10---  Intel 4th Gen Core i5 4690K (4.3GHz Overclock) Quad Core---ASRock Z170 Extreme 4, Intel LGA 1151---Graphics Processor 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, PCI Express 3.0; Ev3A Geforce GT 610---System Memory 8GB HyperX DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz--Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid Cooling/600watt Corsair Series---(4) HP 20" monitors---GoFlite MCP - Radios/Eicas

Edited by Doug Pelton

1 hour ago, Doug Pelton said:

I can select a PMDG plane in the FSX panel, but non of the tutuorial's have loaded- (??_

The tutorials are PDFs in your <sim>\PMDG\<aircraft>\Manuals folder - not selectable flights.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the reply, Roger....."Tutorials" was the wrong word.

My previous install within FSxSE gave me a menu of @8 or so PMDG setups. Gawd, can't think of any of them right now. Seems like they were based on LOWI: ready for takeoff; parked; cold & dark/shutdown, etc. FMC was programmed for each scenario.

Doug Pelton

Edited by Doug Pelton

15 hours ago, Doug Pelton said:

Thanks for the reply, Roger....."Tutorials" was the wrong word.

My previous install within FSxSE gave me a menu of @8 or so PMDG setups. Gawd, can't think of any of them right now. Seems like they were based on LOWI: ready for takeoff; parked; cold & dark/shutdown, etc. FMC was programmed for each scenario.

Doug Pelton

I recall there being saved flights from PMDG early in the NGX life but they have been removed many updates ago. As I recall, there is no need for those to be able to complete both Tutorials.  You have the option of saving the flight after shutdown at the end of Tutorial #1 that you can use when you start Tutorial #2 and that is explained in the tutorial.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 12/2/2018 at 10:21 AM, downscc said:

I recall there being saved flights from PMDG early in the NGX life but they have been removed many updates ago. As I recall, there is no need for those to be able to complete both Tutorials.  You have the option of saving the flight after shutdown at the end of Tutorial #1 that you can use when you start Tutorial #2 and that is explained in the tutorial.

I do believe that's the answer!! I'll stop trying to find scenarios that my 2015 PMDG install offered as default.