bean_sprout

1070 SLI to RTX 2080

Biggest improvement is smoothness and fluidity - 1 example is the moving art display at ORBX Sedona FSS. 

Another is that it runs cool on load ~50c and therefore quiet.  This is the MSI RTX 2080 SeaHawk model with  a Hybrid cooler.

The last is that I can now run in full 4k - 4096 x 2160 instead of 3840 x 2160 so IQ is even better.  It can handle it.

Finally lasts:  you may appreciate the extra space in your case and the F1 GTN 750 runs smooth as glass..

Con - pricey
Driver - 470.01

Regards
bs

Edited by bean_sprout

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've been on the same rig for some time, and this from a guy who was building rack-mount systems for years, one actually hit the 5K dollar mark but would be worth about $150 by today's standards...

But the last rig I built has gone a long way, and although I don't run with sliders pegged to the right, I feel as if I'm still doing better than a lot of people complaining on the forums.

My next rig, given the fact that CPUs are not gaining 1.5x every year like they used to, (Moore's Law seems dead lately) will be a rig designed to last at least 5 years.   And that will mean a 2080 (even if not fully stressed now, some day it will be), a fast CPU with lots of cores, and 32 MB of RAM and all SSD drives.   All connected with a motherboard than can cope.

Thanks for sharing your observations, Bean.

Mark

I've been thinking about picking up the Seahawk. I think it would be a worthy upgrade from a 970. And I'm glad to hear that the GTN 750 runs smooth at that resolution, because currently its molasses on my 4K monitor.