Sign in to follow this  
Ariel

Falcon 50 - new F1 GTN 750 problem with the HSI

I've been flight testing the many Falcon Beta releases in P3D 4.3.  I'm now on Beta 4.5 and have a new problem appeared with the F1 GTN 750: The GPS now doesn't drive the HSI course line - it stays stuck on the direction when loaded. The GTN 750 functions as normal apart from this - as does the HSI - ILS deflection bar and G/P sidebar included.  I can manually turn the course line with the knob on the pedestal, but not with the knob on the strip window pop-up (a different problem?).  Anyone else with this in Beta 4.5?   I'm not sure if this arrived with the 4.5 version or the one before.  If it's just me I'll try stripping it all out and re-installing, again...

1 hour ago, Ariel said:

I've been flight testing the many Falcon Beta releases in P3D 4.3.  I'm now on Beta 4.5 and have a new problem appeared with the F1 GTN 750: The GPS now doesn't drive the HSI course line - it stays stuck on the direction when loaded. The GTN 750 functions as normal apart from this - as does the HSI - ILS deflection bar and G/P sidebar included.  I can manually turn the course line with the knob on the pedestal, but not with the knob on the strip window pop-up (a different problem?).  Anyone else with this in Beta 4.5?   I'm not sure if this arrived with the 4.5 version or the one before.  If it's just me I'll try stripping it all out and re-installing, again...

Ariel,

The pop-up course knobs work as expected for me with Beta 4.5 in FSX and P3Dv4.3. Suggest you try reinstalling Beta 4.5 AFTER uninstalling the existing version.

Whether or not the GTN 750 drives the HSI course line automatically or not is a user settable option with the Flight1 Configuration tool. Set Auto CRS to Yes to turn on this option. In the Falcon 50 Auto CRS has been set to default to No by FSW because the HSI in the Falcon 50 is a mechanical device and the course line is not driven in the real world instrument ( would require a servo as Jim Barrett has pointed out in another thread) .  In a 'glass cockpit' with an electronic (vs mechanical) PFD type of display, the GTN 750 would normally be set to drive the HSI course line. So how to setup the GTN750 wrt the HSI course line in the Falcon 50 is a realism decision up to you.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Al.  There's no fool like an old fool, as we used to say.  I had forgotten about the GTN 750 config choice,as I normally pass over it rapidly on the way to the last item.  I don't know how, but the Flysimware default setting for auto CRS (off) has only just appeared on my last re-install - it's been on previously.  My second problem with the pop-up window was just finger trouble, whilst in a panic after take-off, fully IMC with ATC squawking at me.  Jeez...

Presumably the auto CRS should be off for the other two FSW aircraft I have (Lear and C441).  They both been on up to now.  Thought that was a bit odd for old mechanical HSI's!  Time to get real.

56 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Presumably the auto CRS should be off for the other two FSW aircraft I have (Lear and C441).  They both been on up to now.  Thought that was a bit odd for old mechanical HSI's!  Time to get real.

Yes, the auto CRS should be off in the Lear35 and C441. But as I've mentioned elsewhere, the Lear35 and Falcon50 normally require a two person crew, so a little 'auto' help here and there is probably justifiable!     😉

Al

Edited by ark