Sign in to follow this  
kriggelb

PBR and dynamic lighting in v. 4.4

Hello everybody,

I have a short question since I deactivated dynamic lighting in P3D (4.3) due to performance issues:

Will it be necessary to activate it again to also see PBR effects in 4.4 or are these features independent from each other?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,

Chris

Edited by kriggelb

Christian Baldauf

PBR can be used without DL, however PBR models and structures looks better at night with DL enabled as they will react to moonlight, also if the airport has DL capabilities.

PBR reacts very nice to lights sources.

Regards,

Simbol 

On 12/8/2018 at 9:17 AM, kriggelb said:

Hello everybody,

I have a short question since I deactivated dynamic lighting in P3D (4.3) due to performance issues:

Will it be necessary to activate it again to also see PBR effects in 4.4 or are these features independent from each other?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,

Chris

PBR and DL seem to be completely independend from each other. The DL engine was modified by Lockheed Martin in V4.4, as my tests show, and as announced by them, so you may see differences in fps drop compared to V4.3 and as I see.

I am not a content creator for this simulator, so I can only report from the tests I performed regarding the DL equipped aircraft I have access to. Did not test any other type of sim objects, equipped with DL or PBR, therefore have no overview regarding that. So can not compare to AI Lights Reborn I did not hear of before.

For V4.3, the only aircraft I know where DL is enabled is the Vertx Simulations Diamond DA62. I demonstrated this here https://youtu.be/DoA4jGpZDjw and will demonstrate this in V4.4 soon.

Compared to the PBR-enabled default AC11 in V4.4 the DL limitations seem to be the same. Sun gets reflected, moon I did not test yet. Regarding all other light sources like taxi lights or street lights I see no reflections. Aircrafts at airports at night look like a "black hole" for me. Regarding other objects than lights, most seem to be reflected, but not all. Example LOWI: fixed persons get reflected. Moving persons not. Moving cars get reflected. 

Again, I am not a content creator for this sim, so I can not say which types of objects are affected, and only can report what I have seen. 

In my tests in V4.3 and V4.4 I see the same but the reflections show different zoom factor, regardless if I test with PBR equipped aircraft AC11 or the DA62 which is not PBR ready yet.

Rudi

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only