Sign in to follow this  
morph10

747 Yoke and Rudder settings

I just installed the 747 and I am interested to know what my P3D Yoke and Rudder settings should be, for example the null zones and sensitivity, as I notice there is nothing in the manual regarding this. If there is nothing in the manual should they just be set to default?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Marcus H

Why don't you try it and find out. Every yoke and rudder is different, so different feel for each, therefore no real way to have a default setting, for lack of a better term. For what it's worth, I used to use the CH yoke and pedals. Now I have the GoFlight 737 yoke and the PFC Boeing rudder pedals. The CH yoke and pedals have a lighter feel to them. The GoFlight 737 yoke and the PFC Boeing rudder pedals are a bit more heavier on the feel. The settings that worked for the CH yoke and pedals didn't really work for the GoFlight 737 yoke or the PFC pedals.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I understand that Kevin, but PMDG must have a recommended settings for the controls! to simulate the real thing.

Cheers

Marcus H

If there was a setting required to make the simulation correct it would be stated in the introduction manual. On that basis I think it’s best to use 100% sensitivity so as not to introduce any unwanted lag.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks Kevinh, I think what I will do in that case is put all control setting to P3d default with the only exception being the sensitivity which I will put to 100%. 

I think it is one of those things whereby I will just have to make small adjustments as I go along if needed.

Cheers

Marcus H

4 hours ago, morph10 said:

I think it is one of those things whereby I will just have to make small adjustments as I go along if needed.

Yeah, that's basically it. If you find that the controls are a little touchy because they can sometimes send a spike in the signal, increase the null zone.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I've used CH, Go flight, and Saitek, and all of them worked best with no null zone, and max sensitivity.  Roll sensitivity has always been acceptable, but pitch settings are never sensitive enough.  Rudder is OK.  Hope that helps!

Nathan K