Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest tdragger

>Installed on my dell latitude laptop and FSX complaints about>"1 or more monitors using 24bit color quality" which is wrong.>The first (main) display is set to 32bit with 1280x1024 and>same applies to the optional second TFT expansion for external>monitors. How come that FSX still refuses to start?! any hint?>gfx is ATI 9000 Mobility with latest driver...>Hmmm. Mind if I ask you for some more info, like a DXDIAG output?

Guest tdragger

>On the main free flight menu, if I try to go to failures i>get something like 'your system has run out of available>resources and fsx will now close'Yeah, we saw that at the last minute, too. Sorry 'bout that. We're looking to see if this is an issue with the full product.

Guest sssummer

>>Hi,>>>>The only way I got them working in FS9 was to reverse the>axes>>as described above, AND then in the calibrate screen press>the>>Reset Defaults button and DON'T CALIBRATE THEM EVER AGAIN.>>>>Hope this helps,>>-->>Tom Gibson>>>>Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com>>>>Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com>>>>Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___>>>Hi Tom,>>Thanks for taking the time to assist. Unfortunately the>suggestion did not work. I am tearing my hair out as the>pedals work flawlessly in FS2004. The problem for me is that>I have not heard anyone else having a problem of this kind so>it appears to be something wrong with my setup...>>Cheers and thanks again,>>Chris Porter>:-outta>>Perth>Western AustraliaChris, you are not alone. I am having the same problem and checking the reverse box in options does not fix it. Brian S.>

Guest tdragger

Are you on a hard surface runway, per chance? Floats don't work so good there. As a workaround you can use SLEW (press 'Y', then 'F3" for a bit, then 'Y' again) to get you in the air.

Guest tdragger

>I am in fullscreen mode, and that always worked in fs-04.>However using windowed may be a temp. fix for an issue i still>hope to see fixed.Unfortunately that's not a bug--it's a design change in the way FS works with multiple monitors. Long story. :(

Guest tdragger

Yeah, sorry about those CH bugs. See my blog for more info.

Guest tdragger

<<-I thought there were going to be accents in different parts of the globe??>>This was a rumor--never confirmed (AFAIK).

Guest tdragger

>>>>>- Is there AI in the demo? I have seen no aircraft take>off>>or land even when set at 100%>>>>>SD >>Yep. I have a video I took of a Baron taxiing and taking>off.AI traffic is limited due to the size of the content. Details in another thread...somewhere. ;)

Guest tdragger

>>1.FS X is also aimed at new customers who are not familiar>>with the game. It would be good to have in the menu a tick>box>>or field: "Make this Airport my home airport" or something>>like that, in case people prefer to start FSX with a>specific>>airport (it happens with many users).>>Along that line, I think something other than SHIFT-D should>be the default keypress for action like dropping the flower>bombs in the missions. You wouldn't see a complex keypress in>an FPS game to fire your gun or something like that...>Alas, if we only had any keys left to be assigned! Good point but we were afraid we'd tick off all the folks who *must have* easy access to "DME Select". ;)

Guest tdragger

<<- no seetings for step size when 'walking' outside the aircraft>>Can you explain this one more??

Guest tdragger

The "UFOs" are a result of FS having a truly "round" earth now and the lighting effects had not been updated to use the correct math. This should be fixed in the final product.

Guest tdragger

<<5/ More of a wish really, the music, was too loud and started to grate a bit. Yeah I know I could turn it off, but didn't want to as it was quite pleasant, just an option for volume control if you can fit it would be nice?>>There is a config setting to control volume (though it escapes me at the moment). Also you can replace our music with your own if you;d like.

Guest tdragger

>Hello>>I'm a little disappointed because, once again, Flight>Simulator isn't able to run in multi-thread/multi-core. I have>an AMD 64 X2 4200 and Flight Simulator X use only one core.>The other core remais "idle".>>With the "massification" of multi-cores (AMD and INTEL) I>expect more from Flight Simulator X.>>Best regards>>XavierMulti-core works fine here. Is there a BIOS setting or something that need changing?

Guest tdragger

>Hope this gets into the suggestion box...>>Anyway to include a waterway to start from for seaplanes in>that drop down list of runways? I know we can start on asphalt>and slew out, but would be nice to start on water>>Not mission critical at this stage>>thanks>BillYou can select water runways (just like in FS2004) from the Go To Airport dialog. There just don't happen to be any (official ones) in the demo area.

Guest nigel28

More observations on the demo1. When in full screen mode, I went to uncheck anti-aliasing while in flight. Once back to the VC the screen flickers constantly. re-enabling anti-aliasing remedies the problem. I tested this occurance several times and each time it was the same.2. Ground vehicles disappear based on zoom level of camera. I know your thinking "duh!!" but, when I am zoomed in on a plane parked at the gates at 1.50 zoom I can see the shadow of the luggage cart moving around but no luggage cart. If I zoom to 1.00 or less the luggage cart shows up. If I pan at this zoom level the luggage cart disappears completely.3. When flying the other night, I had a screen flicker and then all the trees and autogen buildings were floating!! It was really intersting.4. AI cars disappearing at turn by runway 9 at Princess Juliana only to reappear further down the road. Must be that new BF2142 cloaking device!!