Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest Sticks

(CH Pro Pedals USB), the "Differential Brakes" message lights up... Then, as I remove my feet from the pedals, the "Differential Brakes" message goes away, only to be replaced by a "Brakes" message which will not go away.Chris, goto the control axis tab and enable (check) the reverse boxes for the brakes.

Oh well. At least I got a new Beaver to fly in FS2004 while I wait Actually you don't. The textures are in DXT5 format which are incompatible with FS2004. You would have to repaint it using DXT3 or 32 bit textures. Not sure if this would work though with the texture map as these files have a different extention (.dds).

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest morrispe

Here's one I haven't seen listed yet. When deploying or retracting landing gear via the (button08) toggle switch on the USB CH flight yoke only the down action works. Flipping the toggle down raises and lowers the gear while the up action on the switch does nothing. Gear up should use the up toggle action on the switch. The flaps toggle works correctly in both directions. And a suggestion.When flying the ultralite in VC mode the hand-bar frequently covers the view of the mph and alt gauges. It would be helpful if there was a shift-5 popup displaying these gauges in addition to the available popup panels. Overall I'm very impressed so far.Phil.

Guest Vorlin

Tom,I didn't notice another organized thread when I started this one... only eight or so threads with 4-8 replies each.I've long given up trying to figure out why some things catch on and get stickied and some don't (in any forum, not only here at Avsim). Right place, right time? Someone read the other thread before coffee and this one after? I have no idea. Sometimes there never really is any rhyme or reason.I'm just glad that everyone is taking such a positive approach rather than turning it into a whine & cry fest.Scott

Guest SIDDickDastardly

I don't imagine this'll be at the top of many people's priority list but it would be great if someone on the MS team could tackle it betweeen now and October: I noticed in the demo that there are still several items which are drawn at an incorrect depth (as in MSFS2004). These include the sprite halo effects round runway lights, certain atmospheric effects, the stars, the sun and water splashes, all of which are drawn at screen depth rather than where they should be. This is a real shame because, these things aside, the demo looks amazing when using stereoscopic 3D glasses (with the Nvidia consumer 3D stereo drivers).Cheers,DD

Guest Thad

Okay, maybe not a bug but a pain in the *** never the less. As I've stated elsewhere, I really like the head motion in the VC. Except for one problem...I started an IFR flight in the CRJ with Major Thunderstorms as the weather theme. During that flight I found it nearly impossible to click the little "hot spots" on the various knobs and switches because of the turbulence; my head and mouse where all over the place. Granted this is closer to a real life experience, in severe turbulence, it can be very frustrating in a mouse based simulator. I think we need some type of hold my head (which includes mouse) still while I'm pressing this key feature. Similar to the hold spacebar to pan with mouse feature.What d'ya think?Thanks,Thad

works at home with the desktop. and I am really pleased with the demo, like it a lot. water is great (with moon shine on it at night). did not have much time to try everything, will continue tonight.phil> Hi Phil did you take a look at your desk top machine and see>if you get the same result?.>>>>> Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest adamw

Every thing works OK, but for unknown reason, I can't move the seaplane to take off. Is any way to operate it ???Adam

>Hi,>>The only way I got them working in FS9 was to reverse the axes>as described above, AND then in the calibrate screen press the>Reset Defaults button and DON'T CALIBRATE THEM EVER AGAIN.>>Hope this helps,>-->Tom Gibson>>Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com>>Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com>>Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___Hi Tom,Thanks for taking the time to assist. Unfortunately the suggestion did not work. I am tearing my hair out as the pedals work flawlessly in FS2004. The problem for me is that I have not heard anyone else having a problem of this kind so it appears to be something wrong with my setup...Cheers and thanks again,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I have the exact same pedals and they worked fine after checking the reverse axis option AND move all the axis for a couple of times.i.e. press on the pedals, release, press again, then apply full right, full left, full right, full left, center, and don't calibrate them!Worked for me!George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Guest jboweruk

Okay, forgive me if I missed any of these being posted but here are my observations on bugs:first my specs:ATI X800Pro AGPAudigy 2 ZS sound card1Gb DDR RAM, PC400300Gb SATA Seagate hdd160Gb Seagate IDE hddP4-3.06 CPUIntel 675 moboSaitek X52 USBSaitek Cyborg FF USBCH Pro pedals (USB with brakes)1/ VC - noticed that it seemed somewhat transparent, you could see the scenery through the panel2/ Beaver float plane - started in a thunderstorm (very nice btw) but because there was water on the runway it put the gear up thinking it was on the sea.3/ brakes- now I noticed here several people had issues with brakes but couldn't see this one. whenever I applied brake (be it left right or both) they jammed on, and only a double press of the release parking brake key would make them come off again. I tried deleting all brake keys except the left and right axes on my pedals but to no avail.4/ after a short time messing around in the baron and managing to land in spite of being tossed around like a piece of driftwood on a stormy ocean and no TrackIR to assist (I heard it didn't work so turned it off initially. Will try it tonight) I decided to try the flour bomber mission for kicks, now I had set the weather to real world updated every 15 minutes (which seemed to go seamlessly btw) but then all of a sudden during the mission there was a sort of flashy sensation (like you get when ASV6 does weather while in 2d) and the plane, scenery and objects all went to pure black, like holes.5/ More of a wish really, the music, was too loud and started to grate a bit. Yeah I know I could turn it off, but didn't want to as it was quite pleasant, just an option for volume control if you can fit it would be nice?Just my observations and hope they help. Otherwise I can't wait for the final deal.

Thanks everybody for their helpful suggestions... Unfortunately even with the check boxes set at Reverse, I have the problem with FSX... This problem does not occur with FS2004 :-(I am now going to play with the null zone and the sensitivity sliders and hope this makes the vital difference. I have not had so much trouble making the sim work properly since I got into flight simming back in 1984 - 1985. I guess it's a beta after all and hopefully it will be sorted for the final release.Cheers and thanks all,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Hi,overall quite impressed, i thought it wont even start on my laptop:IBM Think Pak T42p, Centrino 1.7Ghz, 2Gb RAM, ATI Mobility Fire GL T2 + CH Flight Sim Yoke USB.However it works surpisingly smooth, with sliders in the Mid High area, ocasionally FPS dropped to around 9 arounf the airport, but generaly at 20 in the cruise.Now by biggest problem:is related to the handling of the planes. No matter how I adjust null zones and sensitivities, I find it hard to make fine controll over the plane. For example trying to fly straight and level, when I adjust pich the aircraft jumps un and down like crazy, very unrealistic.This is the case also in FS2004 with the default aircraft, and doesn't appear with payware planes (a certain 767 / 747 / 737 / ATR...)I'm not very interested in the eye candy, just want the planes to handle smooth and realistic.And a BIG THANKS to all FSX development team, for this demo, great job guys ;)Cristi

HelloI'm a little disappointed because, once again, Flight Simulator isn't able to run in multi-thread/multi-core. I have an AMD 64 X2 4200 and Flight Simulator X use only one core. The other core remais "idle".With the "massification" of multi-cores (AMD and INTEL) I expect more from Flight Simulator X.Best regardsXavier

I tried to remap this key but unlike FS9 there is only an option to *toggle* the gear. I could not find separate gear up and gear down options, which is just annoying.Hope this will be fixed.Also for the mouse view it would be nice if it could be switched on/off with a mouse button. Then it would really replace some addons.Alex