Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

>thanks.>>in others games (as ship simulator) the water rilections works>fine...>>anyway i'm not an expert...>>thank you.>> That's just my best guess given the video card.Also, updated drivers, etc, etc.

What FPS are you getting on your Dual core 2 E6600? Frederiksen?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

AUTOGENCan't use Autogen. On Sparse it drops my FPS by 50%. Higher settings simply do not work. At Sparse flying around eventually results in a breakup of the textures with various flashing on the screen.Dick Near 5G8AMD 2ghz, 512mb, Radeon 9800se 128mb, 1280x1024 32bit. Mesh and texture sliders at mid-point.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

>Not to be that guy, but I have to pipe in about frames. I>just bought a new computer, and with all the settings at>maximum, the best I could get on my Dell monitor at 1680x1050>was about 4-5 FPS. I love the new features, but what kind of>supercomputer do we need to run FSX so that we can take>advantage of all its new eye candy? >>And please, don't get me wrong, I love the game, but I just>can't believe I might need to but another computer just to run>the thing at a decent playable level. That sounds like such a relative term as to almost keep me from commenting. What is considered a decent playable level? I get 20FPS solid with everything maxed except autogen and ground/sea traffic turned off, on a three year old computer.Have you tried turning those options down?>Can this just be>because the code hasn't been fully optimized yet? Yes, most likely. There has been some mentions (including in the readme) to indicate that perhaps autogen is not optimized yet, and certainly not finished in terms of placement. As this and ground/sea traffic are the only things that put a hit on my system, I assume there is still optimization to be done.>Will that>really make that much of a difference? I've heard a lot of people (not trying to lump you into that group, just referencing another topic I've heard) that suggest that there shouldn't be bugs because they've been working on it for three years, or that after three years, two months isn't enough time to optimize. However, what they don't seem to realize about game development, from what I know of it, is that bug fixing and optimization are all things that come at the end. You spend a lot of that development time building your engine, putting features into it, then developing content (of which there is a ton in this game) and then when you are getting close, you start making your near-finished product work as well as it can. It would be like performance-tuning an engine in a car before you put it in the car. You can give it all the things a good engine is supposed to have, but that doesn't tell you how it will react when it's bolted to that chassis. You can't tell that until you actually get it out on the dyno or the test track. So, yeah, I expect that it will make a pretty big difference. Reading the blogs, I see them talking about daily performance increases.>Will Vista and the new>DX10 + a DX10 video card improve FPSs significantly?If they aren't lying about it, yes. DX10 is supposed to represent a completely new process towards doing the same thing, allowing for far greater levels of detail due to the higher efficiency. That's why it allows such a leap in graphics, not because it has some crazy new technology, but because it does what the other APIs did, but like four times faster, so you can now do four times as much with the same power card.>>Anyway, I must say, I

Guest drv4truk

Just wondering if anyone has tried flying.. err driving the carrier yet. It and the other boats are capable of being driven by the user. Also, the b747_400 is flyable, but you'll need a panel. Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Even though it looks almost exactly like the demo from E3. Being able to land the Trike on the side of a hill is giving me some great ideas of what to do with the Maule. One can only hope that sloping runways and different elevations at airports are now possible. Kris Goodrich

>Hi,>>Haven't got hold of the demo yet so please excuse me if this>question has been asked before:>>How does cloud overcast look like, can you still see the>ground no matter the density.>>Really hope this has been addressed, I really want it to be>total overcast when it's supposed to.>>Regards,>>EirikDid a test with overcast and rain and when above the overcast I could not see the ground..the ground only appeared when there was a break in the overcast layer..also noticed that the jaggies around the mountains were not there...I would also have to check if that is true with regular clouds as well...I only tried it with overcast cloudsHope that helpsBill

>Just wondering if anyone has tried flying.. err driving the>carrier yet. It and the other boats are capable of being>driven by the user. Also, the b747_400 is flyable, but you'll>need a panel. >>Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Even though it looks>almost exactly like the demo from E3. Being able to land the>Trike on the side of a hill is giving me some great ideas of>what to do with the Maule. One can only hope that sloping>runways and different elevations at airports are now possible.> >>Kris GoodrichI had no clue you could drive the boats. That's insane.So many more missions and multiplayer possibilities just popped into my head.

Guest shoreboy31

>Also, should there be animals in the demo? I haven't seen any, and I were really looking foward to seeing some dolphins or somethingTry flying the ultralight around the lighthouse and the container ship there are seagulls!! :)

Howdy,I thought I read that you'll need Vista to have both cores work, even though the sim may be written for dual cores. Anybody have any other info.hope this helps.

Guest rafaelds

I have the very same problem here. You mean a very dark gray, almost black, ok?The cockpit windows are blacked out (alpha channel does not show) in the Beaver and CRJ. There are no textures in the taxiway signs (never), no textures in autogen buildings roofs (walls are OK) - seems to be linked to that problem where taxiway signs numbers appeared on roofs during dusk. Also no texture in most airport vehicles and in all highway traffic.I tried changing a lot of display settings, such as trying 16 or 32 bits, disabling 2.0 shaders stuff and so on, nothing changes anything.My system is very similar to yours:Athlon XP 2700 (2.14 GHz)1024MB RAMGeForce FX5200, 128 MBScreen Res 1280x1024x32 (desktop, in FS tried several others)Seems to me an issue with FX5200 in FSX.Rafa

Guest elias800

Few more observations:1) Clicking on Failures menu creates a serious memory flaw. This happens if you access the failure menu while in flight but also within the main menu if you have already flown a flight.2) Preferences on size of ATC window are not stored (sure it's a beta). The window is of huge proportions!...why is it so big?3)Flying the inroductory flight, after it's over if you continue flying the lights of the 747 and Baron can still be seen in the middle of the air when the tutorial stopped3) My favourite: Disk on which FSX was installed now has the FSX icon instead of the usual windows drive. I think this one I will keep!5) I think 3 posts are enough..it's not even a beta just a beta demo!!After several hours I think I will tick the ultimate marketing box: Will you recommend this product to your friends and family? YES!! (at least as a beta-demo)This version looks like it will be so user friendly even for novice gamers. I can already think of friends who have never played FS before, don't care about airplanes, but would buy it because of the sight-seeing!As an ending not, I think this is FS Platform ver. 1 (i.e. the first time MS publishes the game as a platform for other games/add-ons too). Elias

Guest heclak

I really like the way the ATC has been improved. Over shoot a taxiway to the terminal and it will tell you to backtrack to a taxiway instead of just trying to chase you of the runway. It actually knows which part of the runway you are one. Great Work. It also sounds more natural and slightly casual in a realistic way. No more uptight air traffic controllers. The new water is just way too cool. FS9 water looks like crap now. The whole improvement on atmospheric effects have true improved the whole look. Looks like it can rival CAE simulators. I have the problem with trailing nav lights in the tower view too. Might want to check that out. My cockpit texture are not as sharp too. Settings are maxed out though. Same with ground textures.

Guest jboweruk

definitely not, I was still panning round so unless you can do that in the 2d as well. I will double check it tonight for you though.

Hi, I had exactly the same problem. I tried several possible fixes but this is the one that fixed it for me:http://www.winway.com/Main3/support/Resume...nterrupted.aspxJust follow the instructions precisely.BR>I can't install the thing at all. >>It gets right to the end, then tells me the 'wizard was>interrupted before the demo could be completely installed'. >Tried it several times, never works. No word on what error>occurred.>>Had to install SP2 to even make the installer run... >>Help anyone? >>- daniel