Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

Virtual Reality in FA50

First of all, thanks so much for making this lovely aircraft.  I have been in love with the FA50 ever since my first day at work as an Air Traffic Controller at London City Airport, and my first aircraft which I cleared to land was a Shell FA50.

I have just purchased the FA50, and am having real problems in P3D 4.4 using the Oculus Rift.  The click spots (especially on the overhead panel) are so badly misaligned in 3D, that it is almost impossible to select switches.  Is there any hope of improving this?  I am desperate to fly, but might have to wait until I can actually select the switches.

Thanks

Neil

beta.gif

Thanks,

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried in VR.

I just tried my 3 other go to planes (Leonardo Maddog, PMDG DC-6 and the Turbine Duke, and the switches are spot on).

With the FA50 the 3D positioning gets messed up when looking up or down.  You have to place the VR cursor dot a way to the left or right of the actual switch to select it (and just as important, the clickspot area for each switch is very small and needs extreme precision).

I also noticed when pressing the recentering button in VR, your default view is looking off to the right (about 45 degrees off)

Any other VR users out there?

Edited by NeilC

beta.gif

Just had another quick test.  It is a stereo problem (mostly noticeable on the overhead).  A way round it is to close your right eye every time you want to focus on a switch.

I wonder why this only happens with the FA50 an not the other aircraft?

beta.gif

As a test try moving the view forward by editing the aircraft.cfg file. It may be too close to the seat for VR. Looks for [Views] after opening this file in notepad. The files is in the F50 aircraft folder.

Or just lean forward if VR adjusts for forward/back view.

Looking to the right may cause the view of VR to be too close to the seat or inside the seat. So that is why the right eye is off and not the left eye. We moved the view close to the seat because its hard to see the upper buttons on the main panel without putting the view too low.

Change 20.60 to like 20.90 or 21.10.

Edited by Flysimware

I too am having this issue. I just bought the FA50 and everything looks great in VR except for the overhead panel click spots. I've tried all different view angles but nothing helps. Some of the switches on the overhead panel work great, but others go out of focus when the mouse is hovered over them. The best example I can give to say it isn't a view position problem is that the landing and taxi light switches work fine, but the anticol recog and nav switches are out of focus.

Quick update: I just tried closing my right eye as Neil mentioned and it works. 

Edited by offroadn_redneck