Sign in to follow this  
Trubshaw

FSX 1999

Hello

I built my FSX simulator some thirty years ago, now just started her up again so I needs some help

Well quite a lot of help on many different aspects.

I have four computers on a network, really have no idea how I ever run it it’s all Greek to me now.

My main computer is running at 5 GHz and my two aircraft being used are a 146 and a KingAir 350

At the moment I’m practicing approach’s in America because you find NDBs, Outer middle and inner markers.

First off is Sceanary from my Synology Ethernet drive to FSX, yes it did work many years ago but I have forgotten how to do it.

In the fsx sceanery library I can click add, amd follow the path to the Synology HD open to see the files, but click on a folder and nothing happens, How do I get FSX to read from this Ethernet drive.

i don’t think FSUIPC is needed for this, but I have this interface working , Sim Connect not working it’s a pigs ear.

Thanks

Trubshaw

Hello,

I trubshaw with no replies to my question a few days ago.

Add on sceanery does work over a network because I use to run Just Flight. Sceanery via a Synology external HD, some ten or more years age.

i  can navigate to the Synology drive open the folder , but the thing won,t  run.  And I have forgotten how to do it, but some 15 year age it was working I think the frame rate was no different  than from to Normal library .

My finds are  roughly 80 to 10p on one monitor,

stretched over three about 40 to 50

Another group of three  about 30 to 35

Add another three  down to about 20  Add rain and a rvrr of 2000 meters down th about 15

open a third screen one or three makes little difeirance, down to 5.

It’s not the number of pixels, it the number of diffract views that destroys thiev frame rate

Defualt sceanery, core at 5 ghz, two lots vram SSDs direct on motherboard 

And powerful cards In those days Radion HD 9600 x2 plus another one for the overhead panel. Kill the machine, at 5 ghz waiter cooled

cant manage to  fly it with the over head working, this was on the third card, then it pull it out So giving more lane in GC from 8 to 20

then use the motherboard built in board ,, no difference, the three lots of cards may have been a bit better, will try it again

trubshaw