Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

X52 throttle problem.

A simple problem but can't, for the life of me, remember how I fixed it before.  My X52 won't reverse throttle axis and come out of the helicopter (pull) mode.  I've clicked reverse axis on and off but no joy.  

What axis assignment do you have for the slider? If you assign it to "Throttle" and not "Throttle 1" or the other numbered throttles, XP will detect when you're flying a helicopter and automatically reverse the axis. Then it will automatically reset the axis to normal when you switch to a fixed wing plane. That only happens with the non-numbered "Throttle" assignment, and it's a cool feature because you don't have to mess with clicking to reverse the axis.

If that isn't it, then maybe try running a joystick calibration outside of X-Plane with the Windows game controller menus, to make sure everything is working properly. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

All seems to be well other than the throttle.  Flew a helo the other day and that's when it decided to remain in the 'pull' mode.  Is there anything in X plane that I can set to 'off' to elimate this problem?  My windows settings are good and I do like having the pull mode for rotary wings but it's disconcerting to have it for fixed wing also.  Reverse axis does nothing other than changing the movement of the blue line - unfortunately that change doesn't translate to the sim.