Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Sonoran desert shots, Vegas to Glendale AZ

I enjoy flying over my Ortho Photoreal scenery, which extends from Vegas and covers all of Arizona.  I also have the entire SF Bay Area which incorporates the freeware SFO airport and city scenery I have.  The screenshots here were taken from a recorded two hour flight from Vegas to Glendale AZ.

John

zBbYWHy.png
PeLOToW.png
qdjH7qm.png
5M4nEr9.png
LlbYug8.png
iHl1ICf.png
vhjhPVu.png
rsh0G7f.png
irfYRCG.png
4F94NwX.png
I7v4Rt2.png
D8PWY5J.png
luUK57d.png
5DEYJzR.png
wsLR6Hy.png
9HX6LdZ.png
757KUp1.png
30BXsSK.png
FyQEZ4a.png
jOnmlyg.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looked up your flight on the MAP, John. It's a good route to fly from Vegas to Glendale (across the interesting Sonoran Desert of AZ), and stopping just short...🙂...of your favorite Phoenix! BTW,  I didn't know Glendale was that close (~10 miles) to Phoenix.

• Like 1

Yes, I have flown from Glendale just once, in my CFI's Light Sport aircraft.  He flew over from Falcon Field in Mesa using the general aviation corridor bypassing Sky Harbor's airspace.

We took off, I flew the aircraft up to 7000 feet AGL out near Wickenburg (some shots of Wickenburg among these), then I turned back and we landed back at Glendale on runway 1N.  My wife and daughter were there to see me fly, and my CFI took my daughter up for a free ride in the pattern, the only time she was ever in a general aviation aircraft. 

She said the Allegro 2000 she flew in was "like a helicopter" because of the big windows on the doors, the right seater could see straight down to the ground.  She loved soaring over the Arena center in Glendale, the best sports arena center in the country I feel,which is just ten scant miles from my home, on Northern Ave. in Phoenix.

John

• Like 1