Sign in to follow this  
dal330200

sound crash while changing views

Greetings everyone,

I'm still getting sporadic CTD's when I change views through chaseplane on the NGX.  The sounds often seem like they have trouble changing and then half of them drop off before the sim freezes and then shuts down.  If I hit the Q key a couple of times, sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes after that too.  I've had this problem on and off since v3, and now I'm on 4.4 with a completely different system than I had a couple of years ago.  I still have no idea what causes it.  Chaseplane is convinced that it's nothing on their end, so I'm hoping someone in here may have a solution.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when it crashes.  Maybe 10% of my flights crash if I cycle views and then return to the cockpit at the wrong time.   I should start logging it, but in the interest of time, I thought I'd throw it out here and see what happens before I go down that road.

Thanks,

John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

same here. sometimes in flight but on ground every time I change to an external view, I loss engine sound or when engines are already off and change to an external view i have engine sounds back.

I am also using chasePlane

Thanks for bringing that up, that's another issue that I've always had too.  I love this a/c, but it's frustrating to have perfect flights get stymied if I change views at the wrong time. 

Have you got the sound playback setup in the sim properly usually it’s on default but i tend to put mine on Realtek.

Regards.