Sign in to follow this  
cyberpilot

Vertx DA62 DME/ADF

Is anyone having trouble getting the DME and ADF to operate?

Despite tuning in to the correct frequencies I can't get either to appear on the PFD.

And yes I am pretty au fait with the G1000.

Press the PFD soft key, the on the next menu press DME, that will make the DME readout appear next to your HSI.

On that same menu the BRG soft keys will cycle through the ADF and RMI pointers on your HSI.

Edited by Aviator64

Hi guys. Question, does this really have adf modelled? where do you tune the freqency?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Yes it does have ADF. You have to press the soft key for ADF/DME at the bottom of the PFD. Then a small box comes up in the bottom right hand corner. you manipulate the frequency using the large and small 'FMS' knobs.

• Upvote 1

I guess this is a good post to ask this question? Having problems with ils approach. I'm having no problems with A2A aircraft and in Xplane. When it's time to descend, the DA-62 starts descending correctly, but it starts diving well short of runway.

I set up the ILS approach in flight plan. Make sure I have the correct freq active. Set the course to match the runway. As I approach the final descent I switch to VOR1 and select APP. Everything seems like it is going well, but it starts going down quickly and I have to turn off AP to save the plane....lol.

Any help appreciated:) This has happened three times in a row.

28 minutes ago, JRS182 said:

Yes it does have ADF. You have to press the soft key for ADF/DME at the bottom of the PFD. Then a small box comes up in the bottom right hand corner. you manipulate the frequency using the large and small 'FMS' knobs.

I did not know that, I'll have a look at it, thanks for the info. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Hello. I just receive the problem with adf frequancy setting. Second digit in frequancy impossible to set upper 7. Just only second digit! For example, I need set 960.0 NDB. When I set this frequeancy and press ENTER the number change itself to 760.0. This repeating also for digit 8. If set 800.0, the frequancy will change itself to 700.0. All digits before 7 is possible to set. But not upper. Somesing wrong!

And next problem appear - impossinle to use FMS turning cnob for search points for flight plan. It is possible to use PC keyboard only! What is the bugs?!

Maybe someone has a decision for resolve this problems? I really need your help! Thanks,

Edited by pilot_an12