Sign in to follow this  
wlix261

P3Dv4.4 Control Configuration for "view(pan)" not working

Hello - I am posting this with the hope that "Poppet", the Prepar3D expert of this forum takes a look and provides advice.

I recently reported this issue in this thread of this forum: 

I am almost sure (and have confirmed with another simmer who has the same issue) that in P3dv4.x (for sure in 4.4) the  "view(pan)" control setting does not work as it should.

What happens is that Instead of taking the "hat" button of the joy stick (or yoke) as an "omni-directional" control, it takes it as a single-direction control as applied at the moment of last setting.

I World like to confirm this from more simmers, and also would kile to know if LM can take this reost from here to be included in tge ist of bugs to fix....

Using FSUIPC is not a permanent solution for this. This should work out of the box with P3D.

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia 

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

I have not had this problem with P4Dv4.4 on my yoke or my stick, I can pan a full 360 smooth in VC and spot view, no bug here.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I have not had this problem with P4Dv4.4 on my yoke or my stick, I can pan a full 360 smooth in VC and spot view, no bug here.

Ditto. Works perfectly for me as well. I use a Saitek X52 pro stick and throttle combo.

If the Thrustmaster came with drivers he could try to uninstall and re-install them. If that doesn't work maybe try resetting the key assignments to default in the P3D controls menu. He'd have to redo his custom assignments afterwards, but it might get the hat switch pan working as it should.

12 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Thank you for the feedback,

If you configured with the P3Dv4 (instead of using FSUIPC), can you please confirm you selected the  "view(pan)" control in P3Dv4, then you touched the hat switch in the Joy Stick, and ended up with the fonfiguration a shown in tis image and works as expected?

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

uAkiQce.jpg

1 hour ago, wlix261 said:

Thank you for the feedback,

If you configured with the P3Dv4 (instead of using FSUIPC), can you please confirm you selected the  "view(pan)" control in P3Dv4, then you touched the hat switch in the Joy Stick, and ended up with the fonfiguration a shown in tis image and works as expected?

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

uAkiQce.jpg

Yes, I can confirm. 

That's exactly what it looks like in my settings.

I should note however, I didn't "touch" the hat switch, as best that I can recall this was a default assignment when I plugged in my X52 Pro and P3D recognized it.

I would assume it's pretty much the same for any joystick that has a hat switch.

Edited by SunDevil56
additional inf

2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Yes, I can confirm. 

That's exactly what it looks like in my settings.

I should note however, I didn't "touch" the hat switch, as best that I can recall this was a default assignment when I plugged in my X52 Pro and P3D recognized it.

I would assume it's pretty much the same for any joystick that has a hat switch.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Seems like the issue is related to having one or more of the following:

(1) the hat switch is assigned to some other function in any device (&16000M or saitek pro flight quadrant) which is what I have.

(2) there is any device assigned to any function like "look up (pan)",  "look up/right (pan)", look right (pan)" etc.... in general "Look X (pan)"

Once I cleaned-up those the function started to work correctly.

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

• Like 1