Sign in to follow this  
mattsfalck

FO no sound

Hi MCE,

i just reinstalled mce after a full clean up with clean W10, p3d etc. and I've usel MCE before without these problems.

My FO voices are quiet, although it follows My command, like executing flows, checklist reading etc. Other voices work like the mech. Even in the MCE Window when I try voices all are silent Clive, Bill etc and same here mech and purser working fine when I 'test voices'

I've reinstalled many times to try to cure the voice, installing with admin rights, UAC on/off, different folders but in the end same result. I'm also having problems changing options in mce, clicking one of the boxes, the boxes aren't deslected. I can change options in ini file and save the changes. All the apps mce wizards are run with admin rights.

Would be greatful for any advice!

Thanks!

Matts

4 hours ago, mattsfalck said:

Hi MCE,

i just reinstalled mce after a full clean up with clean W10, p3d etc. and I've usel MCE before without these problems.

My FO voices are quiet, although it follows My command, like executing flows, checklist reading etc. Other voices work like the mech. Even in the MCE Window when I try voices all are silent Clive, Bill etc and same here mech and purser working fine when I 'test voices'

I've reinstalled many times to try to cure the voice, installing with admin rights, UAC on/off, different folders but in the end same result. I'm also having problems changing options in mce, clicking one of the boxes, the boxes aren't deslected. I can change options in ini file and save the changes. All the apps mce wizards are run with admin rights.

Would be greatful for any advice!

Thanks!

Matts

The options selection causing crash is very likely caused by the overrides you may have done to C:\Users\ folder or its subfolders in terms of permissions and such.

With standard rights, MCE should be able to create "mce.ini" and edit it at will, even without admin rights.

As for the voices going feeble, you need to be aware of a Windows specific little advertised feature. See this thread for the fix.

Thanks!

I found the problem, it was actually a button on my yoke, which was constantly sending, thus blocking.
Regarding the ini file, I'm still a bit confused, I have to do some more checks/test.

But I can fly with the MCE again which is good.

Thanks for fast support!

/Matts