Orinks

MCE no longer picking up speech from Microphone

Hi all,

I have no idea what is going on, however it is puzzling, to say the least.

I have never had a problem with MCE and speech before this. I loaded up P3D to test my feelthere aircraft and noticed that not even basic commands were working, such as flaps 5 or parking brake off.

So I uninstalled the version I had and downloaded the latest version since it was out of date anyway, and ran the app wizard.

I got to step nine of the wizard where it is supposed to repeat your commands, but MCE was not repeating anything. It selected my default sound device correctly, and I went to the Skype call test service to see if it was my mic in general. No problems there whatsoever, it is just MCE.

Anyone experience this before?

4 hours ago, Orinks said:

Hi all,

I have no idea what is going on, however it is puzzling, to say the least.

I have never had a problem with MCE and speech before this. I loaded up P3D to test my feelthere aircraft and noticed that not even basic commands were working, such as flaps 5 or parking brake off.

So I uninstalled the version I had and downloaded the latest version since it was out of date anyway, and ran the app wizard.

I got to step nine of the wizard where it is supposed to repeat your commands, but MCE was not repeating anything. It selected my default sound device correctly, and I went to the Skype call test service to see if it was my mic in general. No problems there whatsoever, it is just MCE.

Anyone experience this before?

USB headset or conventional one?

If it's conventional, what audio device is it connected to? Realtek, Creative Labs or other?

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

USB headset or conventional one?

If it's conventional, what audio device is it connected to? Realtek, Creative Labs or other?

Hi FS++,

It is USB. I figured it out. Elgatoinstalls a sound capture driver that MCE decided to switch to for the microphone. I went into the sound device untility and switched it back.