Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Some advice needed

Got the latest PTA plus Matt's v1.8 preset for v4.4 - When enabling the preset the VC MCP and rest of panel  looks very dark brown and the VC lighting is very dark. Do I understand correctly that HDR in P3D has to be turned off? If so the result I get is a VC panel that looks like default colour wise. Is it possible to make the VC and it's natural lighting more realistic?

Thanks and a happy New Year to all.

This is with PTA 2.63, right?

I've always had to use PTA with HDR *ON* - as a few of the tweaks specifically require it to be enabled. However - I found the P3Dv4.4 seemed to be significantly different to 4.3 and required much more "aggressive" HDR settings.

You're welcome to try my latest preset to see if it makes any difference:
https://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

I'm nearly done with a new 2.63-specific preset.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

You may wish to revert to Orginal shaders. Then, apply new preset but untick VC lightening. If you like the “outside” view, then... revert to original shaders again. Then apply the preset you like and this time tick the VC lightening. Then check you if you like it. If it’s too dark, then it means that you will have do some fine tuning. Most presets I have found out there are too dark. Some fine tuning will be required. However the most interesting thing I found is that before you apply any preset it’s good to start with origninal shaders - restore is what you need.

Tom Link

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.