Sign in to follow this  
Swapnil Kapadia

Issue with Engine (1-4) Severe Damage - EICAS indication

1 hour ago, killthespam said:

Regarding memory items, most of the airlines don't have them anymore, especially when the electronic checklist is available and everything pops up on any screen of your choice. Even on steam gauges, they use the printed (laminated) QRH.

This is true. I spent a decade flying E145’s where we had half a dozen or so sets of memory items to a 747 where we have zero. 😅

1 hour ago, Jetlinker said:

memory items to a 747

I noticed 5Y at OAKB about 10 days ago. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

1 hour ago, Bluestar said:

I noticed 5Y at OAKB about 10 days ago. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

Yeah, I haven’t had the pleasure of visiting there lately. I’ve been on med leave for over a year. I do miss it!

Edited by Jetlinker

Sorry to hear about "been on med leave" but OAKB and OAIX not quite a pleasant place to be, I'd rather check HKG x BKK :biggrin:

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

9 hours ago, killthespam said:

Swapnil,

I logged both problems (400 and -8) to be fixed. Time frame of having the issue fixed, I don't know, but it will be addressed.

Regarding EICAS message there is NO MESSAGE  for engine severe damage, its incorporated in FIRE ENG 1,2,3,4.

As a sequence of events (as Jetlinker mentioned) when engine severe damage occurs you will hear some sort of noise associated with airframe vibrations, no message yet at that stage. Next (within 3 seconds) you will get ENG 1,2,3,4 FAIL message which is a Caution associated with a beeper, from there looking at primary, secondary displays (N1, EGT, N2, OIL P, T, Q and VIB) you will asses what actually you have. If you slow (within 10 sec)  with the checklist you will be "awarded" with FIRE ENG 1,2,3,4.

Regarding memory items, most of the airlines don't have them anymore, especially when the electronic checklist is available and everything pops up on any screen of your choice. Even on steam gauges, they use the printed (laminated) QRH.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.