Sign in to follow this  
Mikeguy2

Need help, huge line/gap in terrain

Hey guys. I've literally just reinstalled P3dv4 and all of the addons i have 1 by one . everything went nice and smooth until i saw something that i have never seen before. You can see it in the picture below. It is a weird line or gap sorta thing in the terrain. Its really odd. I tried unticking the orbx global and LC europe from the scenery library but it didnt change so its not them? There's nothing else i have in that area that could cause this and im not sure what to do. If anyone knows it would be helpful. thanks 🙂  The area is the country Cyprus
https://imgur.com/a/9MFzkOp 

We require images to be embedded on AVSIM.   In the future, please embed your images.  Here's instructions on how on the Imgur website - https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/211273743-Embed-Unit.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This looks like a former (well known) issue of PILOT'S FS Global mesh series. Do you have installed any of them?

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

What version of P3Dv4 default scenery are you using?

I might be wrong, but I think that trench in Cyprus was a  P3Dv4 default scenery bug that was fixed in the scenery update from P3Dv4.2 to P3Dv4.3.

I believe there was a similar trench in the Middle East (Iraq or Iran) that was fixed in the default scenery update from P3Dv4.3 to P3Dv4.4.

Unfortunately, I can't find the P3Dv4 scenery change logs to verify my memory.

- Bob

PS  Note that if you do decide to install the latest P3Dv4.4 scenery, you will need to "Verify files" in FTX Central for FTX Global and Orbx HD Trees (they get over-written in the scenery update). I'm not certain about Orbx Vector (I went ahead and verified files for it anyway when I updated the scenery), but you will need to run Vector AEC. You should also Verify Files for the Orbx Libraries. All other Orbx Open LC's, regions, and airports, as well as my other third party scenery add-ons you have, including any third party terrain meshes, should be ok (at least they were on my install).

Edited by BBCM
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your answers. I'll probably l have to update to 4.4 like you say. thanks :)