Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

P3d & Multimonitor?

Are there any good guides on setting up multi-monitor right with P3D?  I looked over on tips and tricks but didn't notice any.  I have a 3 monitor setup and was wondering the best way to get it all lined up and looking right.  This may not be doable for me as my main monitor is a larger size AND resolution than my side displays.  I have a 27" 2k monitor as the main (Middle), and 2 1080p 24" monitors as the sides.

Chris DeGroat   P3D v4.4 | 737NGX | FSL A320 |FS2Crew NGX Reboot | ProATCx | Pilot2ATC | AS16+ASCA | FlyInside

XP11 | JAR A320+BSS | XEnviro | FlyInside

i9 9900k OC'd 5.0Ghz All Cores | 64GB RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti | Rift CV1 | Vive Pro

8 hours ago, pegruder said:

I have a 3 monitor setup and was wondering the best way to get it all lined up and looking right.  This may not be doable for me as my main monitor is a larger size AND resolution than my side displays.  I have a 27" 2k monitor as the main (Middle), and 2 1080p 24" monitors as the sides.

It is doable with a view group. Here are my experiments. Not perfect, but in the absence of any proper documentation it's as close as I can get for now 🙂

• Upvote 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

9 hours ago, MarkDH said:

It is doable with a view group. Here are my experiments. Not perfect, but in the absence of any proper documentation it's as close as I can get for now 🙂

Had no idea about these view groups - time to mess around!  Thanks!

Chris DeGroat   P3D v4.4 | 737NGX | FSL A320 |FS2Crew NGX Reboot | ProATCx | Pilot2ATC | AS16+ASCA | FlyInside

i9 9900k OC'd 5.0Ghz All Cores | 64GB RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti | Rift CV1 | Vive Pro

So I was making progress, but seemed to hit a snag on my right monitor.  Any idea why I might be getting this odd wireframe?  Left and Center monitors are 100%, only seems to be the right having an issue.  It also almost seems to be mirror flipped I think.  

qyV17L3.jpg

7 hours ago, pegruder said:

So I was making progress, but seemed to hit a snag on my right monitor.  Any idea why I might be getting this odd wireframe?  Left and Center monitors are 100%, only seems to be the right having an issue.  It also almost seems to be mirror flipped I think.  

qyV17L3.jpg

This looks like you shifted the view in the Y direction (maybe using a value in the Offset XYZ table) and are seeing things from below ground level.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro