Sign in to follow this  
JasonLxgb

W2XP and world editor

Good Afternoon,

I need some help please,

I have run the W2XP for my area using OSM data and all works fine. New roads and buildings created.

However i wanted to edit this in World Editor, so I imported the DSF file from W2XP new created scenery into World Editor. Indeed I can see the scenery in World editor.

I then wanted to add my custom airport and surrounding scenery of the same area into World editor, I.m not sure how to do this.

Basically i wanted to integrate my current custom scenery of LXGB with the roads and some selected buidlings from W2XP file, using World Editor.

Is this possible?

I have checked online, youtube etc but i haven't found anything to edit the W2XP file.

I would very much appreciate comments if this is possible,

Thank you

Jason

The scenery generated by W2XP is overlay scenery and should exist by itself in a folder in your custom scenery folder. You don't and should not need to import this into World Editor (WED) ... if you need to make an airport just create a separate folder for your airport and build it there, and then edit your scenery.ini file so that your airport folder is listed above the folder with the W2XP generated scenery.

I suggest looking at some videos about how X-Plane's scenery works, this should give you a better idea of how you can add your own custom scenery to sim.

WED will run really bad with anything larger than an airport size scenery, so whilst it may open, it would be unusable anyway. Also WED will delete any roads you place if you save the changes back out. So you're best making a standalone scenery.

WED is not really designed for editing scenery areas, and more for airports

7 hours ago, carrotroot said:

The scenery generated by W2XP is overlay scenery and should exist by itself in a folder in your custom scenery folder. You don't and should not need to import this into World Editor (WED) ... if you need to make an airport just create a separate folder for your airport and build it there, and then edit your scenery.ini file so that your airport folder is listed above the folder with the W2XP generated scenery.

I suggest looking at some videos about how X-Plane's scenery works, this should give you a better idea of how you can add your own custom scenery to sim.

Thank you for your reply. It makes sense now 🙂

i will try the above . 

Again thank you 

Worked beautifully! 😄

i wasnt sure what W2XP was if scenery or overlay. All sorted now including my Ortho4XP tile with W2XP and airport scenery! 

Thought ill say thank you

jason