hi all, just installed the above for p3d v4 and pta 2.3 , and it looks great ( thanks for your superb work) , but I have an issue . I have white squares flashing on the screen when I pan and look at the sky ?? 

p3d v4.4, pta 2.3, sky force, ASP4, fslabs a319, 7700k, 1080ti all running on ssds

cheers phil

ps it really does look great and I have tried all the popular ones apart from the flashing I would say fantastic, again Aam thanks mate 👍

Edited by sonny147
add comment

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Hi Phil - many thanks for the thanks (!!) - much appreciated!

Do these white squares eventually go away (in the same session, that is)? If so, it just means that the textures cache hasn't been built up yet. Once built, they shouldn't flash in subsequent sessions either - unless you've changed or re-applied a preset, which would have cleared the cache.

If they're persistent, then it may be that you're missing a particular cloud texture. I'd re-install your cloud textures via REX, A/S (or whatever you use), then re-apply the preset.

I don't think it's a memory or GPU problem, as I have all my settings maxed out (for testing) on a pretty old/mediochre system and I don't get missing/flashing textures. My frame-rates are pretty bad, but as soon as I'm happy with adjusting the preset values, I knock them back a bit (but not always, LOL).

Another thing to check is that your nVidia Inspector profile (if you use one) matches your P3D settings. You may want to Google that, if you're not familiar with it.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

thanks for the swift response Adam, yeah think your right with the texture cache, it seems to have dissipated now, i' am just off to Lanzarote from Liverpool shortly , will report further if it returns, and one last time great work , best preset  ive come across yet, thanks phil

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

all good 👍:wink:

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.