Sign in to follow this  
kama2004

FSLabs Spotlights for the Carenado C337

Night Flying and C337 lovers, I created a Flight Sim Labs Spotlight profile to make life easier for night flying.

FSLSpotlights is a free application that FSLabs incorporated in their Airbus and made available for free to the public as donation ware (since v2.0.0.9). It works with P3d V4.1 and more.

It allows creating a group of small lights in the VC that can provide dim (or bright) lighting to various part of the panel.

I used it to put a dim bluish light (to keep the existing mood of the C337 panel lighting) on the switches, Collins Radio Knobs, autopilot and compass so they are easier to read and operates at night.

Installation:

• You need to download and install Spotlights from FlighSimLabs web site under the “tool” menu item. Don’t worry about the price shown, it’s free now. There is some information on the page also about the app.
  • Then drop the spotlight file (FSLSpotLights.ini) in the aircraft menu of P3D. Same place as you find the aircraft.cfg file. For those registered on the FSLabs forum, you can go the the FSL Spotlights section and search for the thread named “Carenado C337 Skymaster”. If not registered on FSLabs, just drop me a PM.

Operation:

• FSLSpotlights will put a small contextual menu on the bottom left of your P3D screen (a very small square). It’s described on the product page.
  • You can use this menu to put this lighting ON or OFF or to modify the dim level

Limitation:

• You cannot operate those lights with a VC switch, you have to use the FSLSpotlights menu to put them ON or OFF.

Happy dark sky flying…!!

32830369088_522f6ca5d9_h.jpg

39740215063_04b39cd352_b.jpg

• Like 1

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Oh, I didn't notice that FSL Spotlights is now available for free (except for the small hurdle of registering at their forum).

Thank you for this information and for the C337 profile (I found the ini for that in their forum)!